Priceline Hotel: Failed Bids - 3.5*-4* San Francisco 9/24-9/26

siryn
By siryn,
in

I thought I'd let the board know:

I've been bidding for these dates for over a month. When I started, my max bid was for a 4-star at $100 (wishful thinking). I increased my bids about $20 a week and began including 3.5-stars when 4-stars were rejected.

I have now just bid up to $200 on a 4-star and $160 on a 3.5-star and all have been rejected. I will keep trying up until the day before my trip, hoping for some last-minute cancellations. I have a back-up hotel (Club Quarters) which is $179/night before taxes, but I refuse to pay that much for a tiny 3.5 if I don't have to. My last resort will be to go down to a 3-star, but I hope something shows up in the next few days.

BTW, this message board is very informative and I have been using the PRICELINE link in the mods' signatures.

Oh, and I've been bidding on all the downtown areas (civic center, financial district, marina, soma, use, usw)

Welcome to BetterBidding, siryn.

Failed bid postings are very useful, especially for busy dates like yours.

Hotwire is a good barometer of what might be available on PRICELINE and HOTWIRE doesn't have much: only six hotels in all six Downtown SF zones. (On an "average" night you'll see more like 15-20 options offered.)

Here's what HOTWIRE has Downtown now:

4.5* USE $313

4* Nob Hill $339

4* Embarcadero $244

3.5* USW $289

3* Civic Center North-Japantown $132

2* USE $269

I'm surprised your $200/4* bid wasn't picked up since Hotwire has the 4* Embarcadero at $244. PRICELINE usually beats HOTWIRE on price, so you may be within a few dollars of a Priceline win at $200.

If you want to beat your $179 reservation at Club Quarters you may have to try for a 3*. Or maybe 4*/3.5* availability will improve in the week remaining before your stay.

Please keep us posted.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]