Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* San Antonio (Six Flags) Westin La Cantera

azm1000
By azm1000,
in

I have a conventional reservation booked at the Westin La Cantera for Dec. 27-29 at the best available rate of $155/night. However, I see that Hotwire shows a 4.5* hotel in the Six Flags Area of San Antonio for those dates for $95/night. I think it likely is the Westin La Cantera...but am looking for support for this. Can anyone think of anything else in that zone that would fit the description?

The amenities listed are as follows:

Resort; Restaurant(s); Pool(s); Fitness Center; Spa Services; Golf Nearby; Tennis Nearby; Business Center

Thanks!

After thinking about it, I decided that the hotel I saw _had_ to be the Westin La Cantera. I goofed in my earlier post -- my dates are actually Dec. 25-27, not 27-29. For Dec. 25-27, the 4.5* hotel in the Six Flags zone showed up for $92. And it was, indeed, the Westin La Cantera. Here are the details:

The Westin La Cantera Resort

16641 La Cantera Parkway

San Antonio, TX 78256

(210) 558-6500 Guest Name(s): ***

*** must be present at check-in.

Check-in: Sat, Dec 25, 2004 Check-out: Mon, Dec 27, 2004

Adults: 2 Children: 0

1 room(s) @ $92.00 per night x 2 night(s) $184.00

Taxes and fees: $57.95

Hotel Subtotal $241.95

Total Price $241.95

Some hotels may apply additional charges for incidental

fees such as parking. Prices are in $USD

Also -- I noticed that the taxes and fees charged were really high. I know that Hotwire's built-in fee is higher than Priceline's, but does Hotwire (unlike Priceline) build the resort fee into my prepaid reservation? That is, with Priceline, I'd have to pay the resort fee in addition to what I paid in Priceline. Does Hotwire operate this way too, or have I already paid the resort fee (which would somewhat explain the very high taxes/fees)?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If the hotel charges a resort fee they are not included in the above rate.

This hotel is/was listed in our HOTWIRE HOTELS list (second post) so it should have been fairly evident that this property was the Westin.

Thanks for posting and sharing your results.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]