CO Denver Sheraton Downtown

RiverCola
By RiverCola,
in

I booked this hotel with Hotwire and payed $65 ex tax. At the time of booking the hotel was a 3,5 star level but after reviewing the star ratings Hotwire brought it down to 3 stars and rewarded me with $25 HotDollars.

I was very surprised that this hotel was so 'luxurious'; upon arrival are doors were opened, our luggage was being carried out of the car into the lobby and later to our room. Check-inn was very smooth and friendly.

I should mention that at the time (mid-july 2009) the selfparking/garage was closed for renovation and only valet was available for $26 (instead of $21). We decided to park our car wright behind the hotel for only $10.

The room wasn't really big but very modern and elegantly decorated, with an LCD-TV, nice desk, very good bed and we had a great view of the city and the frontrange of the Rocky's. What I found a bit weird of this hotel were the enormous amount of 'vacant' spaces throughout the hotel.

There is a pool which we didn't use and also we did not try the breakfast. The hotel is right in the middle of everything; the 16th street mall, the park and the Denver Art Museum are all within a few minutes walking distance. I thought the area at night was kind of deserted.

The hotel is definitely worth more than 3 stars!

• 7 months later...

I booked this hotel through Priceline and paid $75 a night plus tax. I also had a good experience here. The staff was top notch and our room was clean and spacious.

One tip for others who have a hotel membership: When I called about the possibility of getting two double beds at no extra charge, they said they would put in a request but couldn't guarantee it. I mentioned that I had a Starwood frequent guest membership. The desk clerk asked for my number and noted it, even though Priceline purchases are not eligible for points. When we arrived, we were provided with the same upgrades that I had received the week before when I paid full price for a room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]