REQUEST: Car Rental Assistance at Toronto (YYZ)

samuel_m
By samuel_m,
in

Hello:

My wife and I are visiting family for a few days late next week in Toronto. We are in need of a mid-size rental car for pick-up at the airport (YYZ). The taxes seem to be extremely high renting from this airport...I'm hoping to spend less than $175 USD total. Am I being realistic? I am about to start bidding on PRICELINE and wanted to see if anyone here had any recent experience with winning bids at Toronto and if anyone here can offer me some tips on winning strategies. I appreciate any assistance you guys can provide.

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Las Vegas thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the details regarding your rental above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE has a mid-size car for your dates for $24/day ($125)... do you want to go with this or try bidding on PRICELINE?

I checked Hotwire and the cheapest rate for a mid-size I was getting was $30 per day. Right now, I have a confirmed reservation with Dollar for a mid-size for $192 USD total (give or take a few dollars, depending on the exchange rate) I may try and bid on Priceline and see if they can beat that price. The challenge here is dealing with the extremely high taxes that in some cases are almost as much as 3/4 the base rate of the car. I will post my findings either way and will be sure to use the link provided if my bid successful. Thanks.

Are those the times you actually need or are you starting/ending either time early/late? Your rental above is 4 days and 11 hours... if your'e able to reduce your rental to just 4 days i think you can get a 4 day weekend rate which brings up the $24/day rate ($125 total all-in)

Any way to adjust your plans so the 11 hours doesn't end up cost you ~$75 for that half day?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]