Priceline Hotel: 2 rooms in Times Square-MTE-10/24-10/28 3.5-4 stars

landohowe
By landohowe,
in

I am looking for 2 rooms in Times Square-MTE-10/24-10/28 3.5-4 stars. I have bid up to $180 with no luck. Seems like others are getting bids accepted for the Hotel Roosevelt (3.5 MTE) in the $140-$160 range.

Is the issue that I am bidding for 2 rooms at the same time? Would I be better to bid each room seperately? The problem is I don't want to risk getting different hotels...

I am using all of the bidding strategies for the zones but no luck so far.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific, and also change frquently based upon supply/demand factors. For the wins you're seeing in the $140-$160 range, i assume they're for dates other than your own? Even if 'around the same time' rates can differ dramatically from one date to the next.

I suspect that you're not too far off, but you may also be able to get a 4* hotel for just a few dollars more than a 3.5* for this stay... what is your maximum bid for this stay? If your maximum bid is more than the $180 you have already bid, would you want to try for a 4* first up to your maximum bid? Would you consider other zones at the 4* level? (or at the 3.5* level, or were you avoiding some zones based upon specific properties you were trying to avoid)

Let us know your thoughts regarding the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The dates for other wins are in the range of my trip but not the exact date range for the length of my trip.

I would like to stay at $180 max but will go up if I have to. I don't have a choice, plane tickets are bought!

We definately want to stay in Times Square or MTE. We have a couple going with us and this is their first time to NYC (this is our 3rd year in a row)

Last year we got the Crown Plaza for $220 but it was the week after the Marathon and it seems like rates dip a little lower that week.

I am fine with the Roosevelt (3.5), Crown Plaza, Renassiance, or the Millenium.

Do you think bidding on 2 rooms at the same time has any impact on getting a bid accepted versus one room?

Thanks

I have been trying to bid the dates of 10/24 - 10/26 and running into the same problem. I have been bidding for MTE or TS and the highest bid i was willing to go up to was $190 and still no success (been trying for about 5 days now). I then added CPS and still no success, my next step was to step down to a 3.0 star hotel. I am still trying and have been bidding for 3.5 to 4.0 star using the other lower star zones for rebids. I booked the Millenium Broadway as a backup hotel for $224/night through Travel Zoo Special.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]