Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

Orion
By Orion,
in

I am a veteran user of Priceline and am happy to have found your website. I have a big challenge, finding a room from Dec. 28 until Dec. 31 preferable in MTE. I've done some bidding for a four star in MTE around the $150 range and nothing (I have stayed at the Waldorf for that Priceline rate but it was not around the holidays!). I've checked Expedia and Travelocity and it looks like everything goes up the night of Dec. 30 which is probably one problem. so instead I changed my search on Hotwire to Dec. 28 until Dec. 30 and found a four star in MTE for $200. That's probably the Hyatt that I have seen "theuare" recently writing about............I'm back, just checked Hotwire for the dates to include the night of Dec. 30 and still got the $200 four star. yeah. Ideally I'd like to leave the morning of the 31, making it a three night stay. Do you think that Hotwire price will be the best I can get for a four star. I'm hesitant to go lower in the star ratings since once I got stuck at the Radisson on Lexington for either a 3 or 3 and half star a little less than two years and it turned out to be a bit of dump.

My other issue is that I've been spoiled to getting good rates on priceline all over the country and have never spent 200 dollars on a room, but for these dates I'm thinking I may not have an option. do i just have to suck it up? ouch!

what are your thoughts?

After doing another search on Priceline and bidding up to $190. on a 4* decided to go ahead and take Hotwire's price of $200 per night for a 4* in MTE. It did turn out to be the Grand Hyatt at Grand Central Station on 42nd St. The location is good and hopefully we will get one of the renovated rooms.

Good luck to everyone in finding the deals. My next trip is New York again sometime in January or February so I hope to get a better deal then! I'll let you know.

Sorry i somehow missed your orginal post. Replies are almost always given within the timeframe you waited so if a delay such as this one occurs again please 'bump' your thread accordingly or better yet send me a PM to take a look at your thread.

Glad you were able to resolve this one and now have your plans for this trip taken care of.

Thanks for posting and once again sorry for not seeing your post the first time thru.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]