Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Fisherman's Wharf) Sheraton

sydneyy
By sydneyy,
in

Is this the only hotel you are willing to accept? If so, Priceline may not be your best choice.

As well, that 4.5* is a Hotwire rating, this hotel has not yet been reported on Priceline, so it is possible that this property doesn't even participate with Priceline.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Argonaut has never been officially reported as a Priceline participant at any of the travel bidding message boards. If there is a way to email the poster who's quote you reference, I'd get clarification from him/her. It could certainly be valuable information!

My opinion is the Argonaut quite possibly participates w/Priceline. It's owned by the Kimpton Boutique hotels. As you probably already know, Kimpton has numerous SF properties, as well as in many other cities, most (if not all) of which participate w/Priceline. If the Argonaut is a participant, it's my guess they have a higher Priceline rate than it's 3 star competitors in the FW zone (Hilton, Hyatt, Sheraton, Marriott) and that's why we never seen it reported before. Priceline doesn't offer 4* in the FW zone, so the hotel would obviously be rated 3* if a participant.

If you're insistant on staying at the Argonaut, I'd stick with Hotwire if you don't want to book conventionally.

If the Argonaunt participates with Priceline is generally agreed that it would be a 3* property, so besides the Radisson being a second possiblity, there are also 3rd and 4th possibilities. Based upon our own PRICELINE LIST OF HOTELS these are the other 3* reported hotels in this zone:

3* Hilton Fisherman's Wharf REVIEW / tripadvisor review

3* Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf REVIEW / tripadvisor review

3* Sheraton tripadvisor review

3* Tuscan Inn

Either you keep your bid low enough that you would be happy with the price if you received any of the above hotels (or another 3* property that has not yet been reported) or you're better off using Hotwire. There are no guarantees with Hotwire either... but your chances of knowing which property you are likely to receive beforehand incrases dramatically.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again,

I am trying to find out which hotels are 2* & 2.5* in Fisherman's Wharf.

I haven't seen many references in that categories to that region on the board.

Anyone have any insights?

The 2.5* I was looking at is a Customer Favorite and has Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Business Center.

The 2* has Complimentary Breakfast only.

Travel dates are May 13th - May 28th 2005.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Neither of these hotels have been identified, but after researching and coming up with a few guesses i see that they are priced roughly the same (or less than) some higher rated hotels in this search... are these even legitimate possibilities?

As i said above these have not yet been identified, but guesses would be that the 2* is a Travelodge and the 2.5* could be the Best Inn, the Comfort Inn by the Bay, or the Francisco Bay Inn.

Congratulations on your win.

Can you please let us know how you got it: Priceline or Hotwire?

If Priceline what is the star rating and previously rejected bid amount (if any) and if Hotwire, what is the star rating and amenities associated with the property (you can still view the amenities by clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of HOtwire's home page).

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]