Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (WDW) Radisson WorldGate Resort

shayde
By shayde,
in

Hello,

We started bidding on Monday (11/22) for a hotel stay from 12/1-12/5; I believe my first bid was for $35 for a 3* in "Disney World Vicinity". Didn't get it, so my husband tried bidding $37. We'd seen that others had snagged the Sheraton Safari at that rate, but we didn't have the same luck for our dates. We tried adding "West Disney Area" and going up to $39 and then $40, but all of our bids were rejected.

So we waited the mandatory 72 hours and tried again today. My husband started by bidding $40 for Disney World Vicinity (since we were bidding within a week of our travel dates, we thought the minimum acceptable bid may have dropped); no dice. So I tried bidding $42, and...success! Our bid was finally accepted. :) I checked the hotel's web site, and the best rate they had listed for our dates was $75/night.

Here are the details:

Check-In Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2004

Check-Out Date: Sunday, December 5, 2004

Hotel Name: Radisson Worldgate Resort

3011 Maingate Lane

Kissimmee, Florida 34747

407-396-1400

Your Offer Price: $42.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $168.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $29.92

Total Charges: $197.92

Hope this info helps other bidders. :)

If any of you have ever stayed at this hotel, I'd love to hear your feedback, as I'm not familiar with this place. Also, even though it's a 3*, the hotel bills itself as a "resort", so I'm guessing we might get hit with a resort fee. Anyone know about that? If so, any idea what it might run? Thanks in advance for any feedback! :o

We stayed there on a Priceline bid in October and while it was a nice enough hotel I dont think its "wonderful". It has a good location for getting to the parks without using the freeway and the rooms are pretty large.

It was clean and that was all we mostly were looking for when we stayed there.

Oh and no resort fee

Thanks for the congrats, thereuare, and thanks for posting the link to the hotel reviews. I appreciate it! :)

And thank you for your feedback, Diane - it's nice to have a first-hand account. There seem to be a lot of mixed reviews on this hotel, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Also, thanks for letting me know that you didn't have to pay a resort fee. I think we got hit with that once when we stayed at a HoJo in Kissimmee - the place wouldn't have fit anyone's description of a "resort", so it seemed pretty shady of them to charge a resort fee.

Anyway, thanks again - this site is the best! I don't think I would ever have had the nerve to try priceline without it - it's good to have an idea of what you'll get for the money.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]