Hotwire Hotel: Trying to ID two 3* hotels - Downtown Toronto

CdnPokerFace
By CdnPokerFace,
in

I just discovered this site and have been browsing posts for the last few hours. This is a great site!

I am trying to book a hotel for 4 nights, September 24 - 28, 2009, in Downtown Toronto (east or west). If I stay at the same hotel for all 4 nights, it MUST have a pool. Having 2 beds would be nice, but not necessary. Complimentary breakfast would be a nice bonus as well, but is not a necessity.

Ideally, I would love to stay at the: "3* Residence Inn, Amenities: Suite, Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, High-Speed Internet, Kitchenette, Laundry", but I do not think that I have come across it yet. Even if it was only for 1-2 nights and I had to switch hotels mid-trip, I would be happy! Any tips on how to get it?

Hotwire is offering the following hotels that I could not identify on the hotel list (or maybe I'm reading it wrong?). Any help would be appreciated.

3* Downtown Toronto EAST $102 - Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Internet

3* Downtown Toronto WEST $104 - Restaurant, Laundry, Internet, Tennis

I realize, I may sound picky/complicated. I'm just hoping that maybe someone would be able to help me narrow it down or make some suggestions.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Ideally, I would love to stay at the: "3* Residence Inn

You can try alternate your search with 2 adults + 1 child, 3 adults, 3 adults + 1 child, 2 + 2 etc. to see if you can get the Residence Inn to appear. You can book maximum 4 guests to a room so try diffrent combos. You can also try to alternate your dates since you're willing to split your stay.

Would you like to try this before we start ID the other hotels for you?

Yellowdog.

I started playing around with the adult/child options. It has generated a couple of different results, but nothing that looks like the Residence Inn.

Just to confirm, I figure the Residence Inn will be a Downtown Toronto WEST Hotel, right?

By the way, I have every intention of using the HOTWIRE links provided by this site when I book! I use them already for my search, in case I come across something I want to book.

Any additional help is appreciated!

Yes, the Residence Inn is located in the Downtown West zone; however, i don't necessarily recommend you hold out all hope on landing this porperty and let other deals slip you by...

If you enter "Toronto Downtown Residence Inn" (without the quotes) in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the board, you'll see ths property hasn't been won via HOTWIRE in over a year... so it doesn't really come up too frequently.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Does anyone know the identity of the hotels I listed in the original post?
Is there something in particular that you're looking for from this stay? There are 4* hotels offered in these zones for just about the same price, which seem like a much better value... and both show a Pool icon which you say is a must for this stay (which the Downtown West property above doesn't indicate)
Another question, is Hotwire's list of amenities generally accurate?
The hotel will have all the amenity icons shown (excluding any closures for maintenance, seasonality, etc)... is there something in particular you're concerned about?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]