Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Westin

OregonSue
By OregonSue,
in

I am a newbie to this sight and noticed all of the successful posts for the Westin & other comparables in Seattle for as low as $68. We will be in Seattle for an event at Safeco field on 9/26 and would like to stay as close as possible. I have submitted multiple bids ranging from $70 to $85 for Pike Place and Seattle (I believe space needle) and all have been rejected. Also added 3.5 stars to my search with no success.

Any help/advice would be most welcome.

Rates are not high for these dates, but you may not be able to 'ultra-low' rates in the mid-$60's.

What is your maximum bid for this stay? Also, it doesn't appear you're using your re-bid zones... are you familiar with Priceline Re-Bidding Explained? (NOTE: if you're new to re-bidding it's strongly recommended you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding)

Let us know the above regarding re-bidding and your maximum bid and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid up to $85, added a zone and went down to 3 1/2 stars. I hope I am following your question ok. So I am looking for some advice before I re-bid (I think that is what you meant by posting to the board beforehand). For my maximum bid I am willing to go up to $100 but do not understand why others have gotten a much lower rate.

Rates are date specific, based upon hotel occupancy levels (supply/demand). So as an example (the numbers are made up just for the sake of example), if a hotel is at 50% occupancy for a given nite they may offer rooms to the opaque suppliers (PRICELINE / HOTWIRE) at $75/nite, while if they're at 80% occupancy they may offer rooms at $100/nite, and if they're at 90% occupancy they may not give the opaque suppliers any discounted inventory, instread hoping to sell any rooms themselves to last minute or walk-up customers at full price.

Before suggesting a strategy, did you understand thar part about re-bidding and/or able to determine your NINE re-bid zones? (if not we'll break the concept down further for you)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, I thought I understood the re-bidding but I think there is more to it that I do not grasp yet. If you could break it down further that would be great. Also, I noticed on another post that you can locate somewhere the hotels in the different zones to ensure you know what star rates are in each zone. Where do I find this info (might be already included in your further info above).

Thanks!

From Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a PRICELINE page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

In other words, after going to PRICELINE and inputting the city, you're given a list of zones.

Select the first zone in the list, look lower down the page, and see which zones are 'selectable' (others will be greyed out), make a note of the highest rated hotel offered in that zone.

UNCHECK the zone selected, select the next zone, and repeat the process. Each time make sure that there is only one select checkmarked when you're determining the highest star rating in the zone.

Does this make it clearer... or we can break it down further for you. (otherwise feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board)

Let us know.

At the 4* level you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Pike Place and Space Needle (assuming both are acceptable, if not, only choose one)...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Finally got it:

Bid $75 for Pike St & Seattle Center

Bid $80 added Bothell

Bid $85 added Lynnwood

Bid $90 added Seatac

Bid $95 added Mulikteo

Bid $100 added North Everatt and got the Westin

Not as low as some other rates I saw on the board but still very happy with rate/location. Thanks for all of your help, I will tell all my friends about your site.

Sue

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]