Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Hyatt at Olive 8

quepasa18
By quepasa18,
in

I've noticed that some people have gotten the Westin at $65 lately. In particular, the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins shows that someone got that price on Oct. 29-31, which is right after I want to go there. I'm not having much luck, probably because I've never used PRICELINE before. I usually use HOTWIRE, but the prices are higher than I'd like right now.

So far, I've bid on Pike Place at $65. Then add Space Needle and bump to $70. I've also added 3.5*. But after these are rejected, I'm unsure what to do next. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Rates are not that high for these nites, although the ultra-low rates you've see a few others receive for dates near yours may not necessarily be available for your specific dates.

I suspect you're not too far off, but i also think you can be bidding than you did above... if you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did you want to try for a 4* in either the Pike Place or Space Needle zone up to your maximum bid... then lower your bid and try for a 3.5*... OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Also, are you familiar with re-bidding? (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3.5* level you have EIGHT re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Pike Place and Space Neeedle...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're unsure)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Rates can, and do, change all the time.

So it's possible that 'ultra-low' rates for become available for your dates above, but likewise, it's also possible that hotels begin to book more guests and they could increase their rates... making the rates of today look 'cheap' later on. It really comes down to how comfortable you are waiting and how much you want to look this up.

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in the Pike Place zone for $89/nite (possibly the Crowne Plaza... a 3* on PRICELINE)... but if this is an option i think i'd sooner first up my star quality to 4* and try up to $100 as the higher star rating would be worth the extra $10 (to me at least).

For additional info see the related "bid early or late" link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see the previous posts and information on the board was helpful with your purchase and you were able to replicate the other user's win.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]