Priceline Hotel: 5* Animal Kingdom Lodge

lisaluka
By lisaluka,
in

I will be going to Orlando for business from October 13 to October 18.

I am looking for a 3.5 star or above hotel near Downtown Disney or on Disney property (swan/dolphin).

It'll be just one adult in the room.

My conference is at the Orlando World Center Marriott Resort, charging $229/night. I know I can beat that price using PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

This is my first time on the forums. What do I do next?

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Swan/Dolphin are rare on PRICELINE. We sometimes see them at HOTWIRE, but it's not often.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Please also post your budget/night.

Post your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Yellowdog.

...what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

In addition to the above, PRICELINE and HOTWIRE define their zone boundaries somewhat differently. If you look at the resepective zones with PRICELINE and compare them to HOTWIRE, keeping in mind tht you could end up anywhere within the zone, does one service's zones work better than the other?

Lastly, i don't think you're budget should be an issue at all, but are you willing to pay more to stay in a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would check the 3-1/2* and 4* hotels (and condos, if would be interested in a condo instead of a hotel) on HOTWIRE for the DowntownDisney/Lake Buena Vista area. Compare the amenities to the Hotwire list of hotels and see if you can identify. If you can not, make a post and somebody can probably help you out. The hotels in this area are either in Downtown Disney or Lake Buena Vista area which will be close to the Marroitt World Center.

If you bid PRICELINE - I would look at both the Resort and the 3-1/2* in the WDW Zone. Your likely hotels on the Resort category are the Hilton DTD, Hyatt Grand Cypress, Gaylord Palms, Omni at Champions Gates or to a lesser extent, Marriott World Center. Some of these hotels/resorts maybe a little farther from Disney World and Marriott World Center than you may like. You can check for recent successful bids in the resort category - I think it will likely be in the $ 60.00 to $ 90.00 range. Most hotels in this category will also charge a resort and/or parking fee besides the room rate. The PRICELINE WDW Zone extends beyond DTD and Lake Buena Vista - it also includes the Main Gate and Celebration areas. The 3-1/2* category in this zone has 4 reported hotels - three are DTD hotels and the 4th is the Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista. There is no guarantee you would get one of these four hotels as star rating can change - a previously lower star may move into this category or a previously higher star may move down into this category, or you could win a hotel that was previously unreported to the boards. You can not identify a specific hotel on PRICELINE, or even one of a group of hotels. You will have to be satisfied with any hotel of that star rating in the zone you bid.

You should have no problem getting the price savings you are looking for - even a resort or 4* hotel on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE should go for under $100 (but there may be a resort fee) for your dates.

I apologize for not reading more carefully. At this point, I'd be willing to pay a little more in order to take a more educated guess as to where I'll be staying and also willing to pay more to stay at a higher rated hotel. I will also rent a car, so a slight difference in boundaries doesn't bother me.

As far as this site goes, is the next step to plug in my info into HOTWIRE and see what properties it shows me, and then compare them to the Hotwire Hotel List?

Thanks for your patience with me.

I got these offers from Hotwire. Can you help me figure out which hotels/condos these are? Thank you so much!

4.5 stars

$95 /night

Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area Hotel

This hotel features the following amenities:

Resort

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

4-star hotel in Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area

$92/night

Resort

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

4-star Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area Condo

$106/night

1-Bedroom Suite

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Daily Housekeeping

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

24-hour Front Desk

Condo

4-star Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney Condo

$89/night

Resort

1-Bedroom Suite

Fully-equipped Kitchen

Free Parking

Air Conditioning

In-Room Laundry

Children's Activity Program

Property offers supervised programs, events or activities for younger guests; an additional charge may apply.

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

24-hour Front Desk

Laundry Facilities

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Condo

4-star Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney Hotel

$94/night

Resort

Suite

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Like I said, I'm new, and I appreciate your help.

I started the other post on the PRICELINE board, but since these were HOTWIRE results I thought I needed to post them here to get help identifying the hotels.

From what I can best guess, the hotels seem to be the

Gaylord Palms

Omni Orlando

Mona Lisa Suites

Sheraton Visitana (?)

Caribe Royale (?)

Maybe I have answered my own question...

We keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll move the entire thread to that section of the board.

If you decide upon one of the above let us know and we'll have a closer look and try to confirm it for you.

If you decide to go with PRICELINE we'll advise in that regard.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That was my thought on these - but do not go by me as I am fairly new to this as well. I was not sure about Mona Lisa Suites as the current amenity list does not state it is a condo - but I am not sure waht else this could be. Caribe Royale as the advantage that there are no resort or parking fees - & it is also very close to Marriott World Center. You could probably get a better price by bidding the resort area of WDW zone on Priceline - but you will not know which resort you will get until after you have a bid accepted. You may also get the DTD Hilton, which some feel should not be in the resort category.

• 4 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]