Priceline Hotel: 3* San Diego (Point Loma-Shelter Island-Old Town) Courtyard Old Town

luckylassy
By luckylassy,
in

Thanks for the failed bid info.

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your bidding.

Good luck and keep us updated.

PS- can you please follow-up your previous Hotwire South Beach thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay. THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I went ahead and followed through on my old South Beach post.

I am trying to get a 3* room in the Point Loma area for 10/8-10/12. It seems to be that it will either be Humphreys Half Moon Inn Suites or Kona Kai Resort based purely on recent wins of the area. I know that Humphreys does have vacancies for these dates.

I really don't want to pay more than $65/night, since there will most likely be parking fees over $10/night to also budget for.

Since I already tried up to $59/night and was rejected, I think my process should be the following....

3* Point Loma-Shelter Island-Old Town - $60. Then, if rejected...

3* Point Loma-Shelter Island-Old Town, Escondidas - $62 Then, if rejected...

3* Point Loma-Shelter Island-Old Town, Escondidas, Chula Vista - $64 Then, if rejected...

3* Point Loma-Shelter Island-Old Town, Escondidas, Chula Vista, National City - $65 Then, if rejected...

Escondidas, Chula Vista, National City don't have hotels >2.5*

Does that sound about right????

I am new to this bidding game, but it seems like a great tool.

Thanks so much!

I think you have it correct, but (National City - Chula Vista) is one zone... not two different zones. You did have a third re-bid zones which i assume you just confused the name of, but feel free to confirm it with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the correction. I was going by faulty memory.

I will bid:

3* Point Loma-Shelter Island-Old Town - $60. Then, if rejected...

3* Point Loma-Shelter Island-Old Town, Escondidas - $62 Then, if rejected...

3* Point Loma-Shelter Island-Old Town, Escondidas, Chula Vista-National City- $64 Then, if rejected...

3* Point Loma-Shelter Island-Old Town, Escondidas, Chula Vista-National City, San Ysidro - Mexico Border - $65

I'll let definitely post on how it goes. In the meantime, I am waiting for some callbacks on some vacation rental quotes.

You have your re-bid zones correct... but don't forget to doublecheck them once you are ready to bid to make sure nothing has changed.

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this stay.

I am trying to get a 3* room in the Point Loma area for 10/8-10/12. It seems to be that it will either be Humphreys Half Moon Inn Suites or Kona Kai Resort based purely on recent wins of the area.

The Priceline zone you're bidding is larger than just Point Loma area. The zone also includes Old town area and you could win a 3* there, although the Old Town Courtyard hasn't been reported recently.

I stayed one night at Humphrey's Half Moon last month via Priceline. When I tried Add a Night for one more night I was rejected without counteroffer. Humphrey's doesn't give Priceline inventory every night then, and it's possible that some of your four nights are available but not all four.

Any interest in splitting your bid to see if you can get 2 or 3 nights accepted under $65, if not all four?

Colfax, I think you are right. I did try just the first three nights and was also rejected, with my max bid of $60. I will give it another go with the three nights with a set of higher bids. I also think I am going to also go for a 4* Downtown-Gaslamp, although I do it begrudgingly b/c of their high parking fees.

I have an offer of a cute beach rental 1 blk from Ocean Beach for $100/night inclusive of taxes and fees. So if these bids don't work tomorrow I just might go for the rental.

I really do appreciate everyone's help.

And I always use the PRICELINE link from this site!

Well, I finally got it. 3* Point Loma-Shlelter Island-Old Town 10/8-10/11 for $71. It is the Courtyard by Marriott Old Town.

Eh, I was hoping not to get this property, but I knew that it was a possibility. It is a good price considering that I don't HAVE to pay for parking there. There seems to be enough street parking, but if there isn't, their lot is $10.

I'll post a review afterwards, but here is the price breakdown:

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $71.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $213.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $37.32 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $250.32 (USD)

Thanks for your help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you ultimatley got this settled, and while the hotel you were hoping for, the price is right and it appears that you'll be able to make this work for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]