NM Albuquerque Best Western Rio Grande Inn Downtown-Old Town

BEER BOY
By BEER BOY,
in

I was able to obtain the BEST WESTERN RIO GRANDE INN for $71 through Hotwire. My family and I stayed here from 08/29/09 - 08/30/09. This is a good looking hotel from the outside, but the inside is not so great. Our room was small, the carpet very dirty, and this room had an ant problem. My wife and 2 year old daughter found these ants the next morning when we woke up. They were in a solid line between the two double beds. I started smashing them with my shoe, which wasn't working too well due to the carpet on the floor. My family and I hurried to get ready, so that we could get checked out right away. When I checked out I told the women at the desk that there were a bunch of ants in our room. She asked if they were the small black ones, and I said yes they were. She then said "Yeah, we can't seem to get rid of them no matter what we do. " I told her that they shouldn't expect to have people stay in rooms were they have an ant problem. She said well I would give you a discount, but you got your room through Hotwire, so there is nothing I can do. This was to be a 3 star hotel, but I think they need to close it down until they take care of their ant problem. This has to be the worst place I have ever stayed at.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]