Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Revere-Logan Airport BOS) Hilton Airport

andyaxa
By andyaxa,
in

Hi All,

Well, I made a rookie mistake and accidentally bid on the wrong zone. (Ended up getting 4* in Revere - Logan Hilton for $110.) I contacted Customer Svc, explained that I bid on the wrong zone and they offered what I understand is their standard deal. (Read Below). Pretty fair, all things considered. At any rate, I think I am going to follow their directions and rebid, so I'm just out the $25. Does anyone have any experience with this? Specifically, I was wondering about the following... "We will send a separate e-mail with instructions outlining how to submit a new request on our website with the correct information." Are there going to be any restrictions on my bidding in these "instructions"? For example, will a successful bid have to be one that is equal to or higher than the $110? Will it have to be a 4*? Etc....

Thanks so much! I'll follow up on how things go, and bid through the link here (unless I need to follow a specific link in their email) and report back.

PRICELINE CUSTOMER SVC RESPONSE

Thank you for taking the time to send us an e-mail. We understand that you submitted a hotel reservation in Boston with the incorrect location. You would like to cancel your reservation and submit a new request with correct information.

We are able to make an exception, and cancel your reservation for a fee. Please respond to this e-mail as soon as possible with your approval to cancel your reservation. It is very important that you contact us before your current check-in date, which is September 12, 2009. We are not able to refund or make changes after this time.

Upon receipt of your approval via e-mail, we will cancel your reservation minus a cancellation fee of $128.95. The refund for the remaining amount will be posted to your credit card account within 10 business days. We will send a separate e-mail with instructions outlining how to submit a new request on our website with the correct information. If you follow the instructions and are successful in booking a new reservation, we will refund the cancel fee minus a flat change fee of $25.00.

We look forward to assisting you with your inquiry.

I'd wait to receive the email as there probably will be some loose restirctions (ie- same dates, perhaps somehting else... but i don't believe it will need to be same zone and/or star rating or anything too restrictive like that)

Can you please post the dates of your stay so we can move this thread to the Boston area as a 'win'... even though the wrong zone for you, the information may be able to help somebody else who is looking to stay in this zone.

Thanks for uisng our PRICELINE links for your future purchases.

Keep us updated and let us know how it goes or if we can be of any help with the replacement stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE CUSTOMER SVC RESPONSE

We are able to make an exception, and cancel your reservation for a fee. Please respond to this e-mail as soon as possible with your approval to cancel your reservation. It is very important that you contact us before your current check-in date, which is September 12, 2009. We are not able to refund or make changes after this time.

Have you emailed Priceline with your approval to cancel your original reservation? They won't send you the instructions for bidding again until you do that.

Thanks for the extra post... perhaps this could help somebody who is looking to stay in the Airport zone for this nite or timeframe.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

If you need help with the replacement bid we'll do so in your original thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This was their response. Looks simple enough...no stipulations other than to change what was wrong...going to bid now....

Dear priceline Customer,

We understand you inadvertently entered the incorrect information when submitting your recent Hotel request. We cancelled your current Hotel reservation minus a cancellation fee of $128.95, and issued a refund in the amount of $128.95. The refund will be processed back to your account within 10 business days.

1. Please submit a new Hotel request with the correct information on our website at PRICELINE. You can either name your own price, or choose an itinerary where the price and the hotel's name are already displayed prior to purchase.

2. If your new request is accepted, please fill out the Service Request Form and we will respond to you via email within 24 hours. Once we confirm your new accepted request meets the requirements, we will refund the entire amount of your cancellation fee minus the change fee (if applicable). If the guidelines are not met, your cancellation fee cannot be refunded.

3. Please remember that you must correct the incorrect information you entered on your previous request to receive a refund of your cancellation fee minus the change fee. You can raise your offer price on your first request to increase your chances of receiving an accepted request. However, if your first new request is not accepted, you may continue to resubmit as many times as you would like (following the above criteria) until you get an accepted request.

Refund of the cancellation fees are typically processed within 48 hours of receipt of the Service Request Form. If you do not receive an e-mail confirmation from us within this time frame, please contact us so we can research this further for you.

We are very happy that we are able to offer this cancellation to you; however, under normal circumstances, reservations cannot be changed or cancelled.

Thank you for choosing priceline for your travel needs.

Sincerely,

The priceline.com Customer Service Team

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]