Priceline Hotel: 3* or 3 1/2* South Portland 09/18/09 - 09/20/09

OldRelayer
By OldRelayer,
in

In the past I have had no trouble getting the Sheraton or Wydhom now in South Portland for $50, even did a couple or Park shuttle flies, can't beat that for $50.

I have to think there is some event that is driving prices on the weekend, but I can't find out what it is. I can do it another way and stay one night in Portland and one night in Portsmouth NH but that didn't work out so well either. I don't mind any of the 2* hotels in South Portland and would bid on them but I am afraid that the Day's Inn will come up, the worst hotel we have ever stayed at, not the one in South Portland, but I still don't want to take a chance. We like the Marriot quite well and I went to $75 and still no go, but then again I have not heard of anyone ever getting the Marriot so I guess they just don't do PRICELINE.

I have tried all the regular things, I am pretty experienced at this but if there is some cute trick that someone has come up with, I am interested in hearing it.

The reason we are going is for a Wedding that is being held at the Portsmouth Sheraton Harborside, I called on the wedding host hotel deal and it was $250 and it is $209 on PRICELINE, quite a deal, I knew better than to take their offer.

What appears to be the Marriott Portland At Sable Oaks is available on HOTWIRE for $149/nite... but not sure if you're willing to go this high (nearly double what you tried bidding on PRICELINE... which perhaps explains your rejected, and it's possible the hotel does in fact deal with PRICELINE)

I'm not sure what event is taking place in the area, but i'd bet if you called one or two hotels in the area they could tell you exactly what is driving up room rates.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. The Marriot was a long shot, I have never got or even heard of anyone ever getting the Marriot on Priceline and $149 is way beyond what I want to pay. Here is the tricky part for me, we really use the Wyndham like a 2* hotel, we don't line their dining room and there are plenty of good places to eat so the closer I get to a 2* hotel the more useless it is for me because I still need to buy breakfast. As I indicated before but for the Day's Inn I would bid on a 2* all the rest are pretty good and we have stayed at all of them, Fairfield Inn was great, even the Hampton which has a low rating we found was fine, The comfort Inn is a fine place to stay all of these are 2* hotels that service breakfast. I may try the 2 1/2 *, I think it is called the Holiday Inn Express now it was the American when it was built, it looks pretty nice to me and as far as I can tell it includes a continental breakfast. I started this early more than a month ago and I still have time, something will turn up or for full price it doesn't really matter very much if it is today or the day I need the room, they always have rooms.

Thanks,

Barry

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]