Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Newark (North Bergen-Rockland) Sheraton Crsrd

dwnh
By dwnh,
in

Sheraton Crossroads Hotel, Mahwah (right off GSP, I think, at NY border). $73 + $16.95 fees. Booked this morning for stay tonight. Amenities listed on Hotwire: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access; Tennis Nearby, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service). Similar description, apparently, to Pearl River Hilton, which is 14 miles and 21 minutes away. The hotel Web site itself says there is a charge for the high-speed Internet access, but that parking is free, and the pool is indoor and heated. Also, they list refrigerators and microwaves, as well as a CD library, under room amenities. Don't know if there is a charge for them.

Thanks for the report of this property.

If you'll be there around dinner time you'll be about 10 minutes from KINCHLEY'S PIZZA which is certainly worth the trip and one of the better places to eat in the area. Stick with the pizza and stay away from the rest of the menu. It's described in the above thread but if you need directions or have any questions feel free to ask. I recommended it to board member heinous who replied as follows:

Oh, and THANK YOU to thereuare for the recommendation to Kinchley's Tavern. That was some awesome pizza! I went with a colleague, and we looooved it. Such a great little place to go, and so different from the places I usually end up when traveling.

There is also a very good Chinese Buffet nearby if you are a big chinese food fan, it's on Route 17 probaby about 7-8 miles south of the hotel, across the highway from the Pathmark shopping center: Grand Buffet Chinese Restaurant, 875 Route 17 South, Ramsey, (201) 934-5033.

Of the two, Kinchley's will give you more of a 'wow' factor, but the $12 (or so) the buffet can't be beat for value.

Back to your hotel.... i went to an affair here many years ago and more recently visited during a tennis tournament. The hotel is quite modern looking and is sort of out of place in the immediate area, but from what i have heard it is one of the better hotels in the area.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]