Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Hotel Max

ellie99
By ellie99,
in

Hello! New user here. I have been trying to bid on a 4* hotel in Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) for the last two weeks based on the bids previously accepted according to this forum. I have started at $65 and gone all the way up to $95 with no success. The dates I need are Sept 19-22, 2009. Based on other bids I have seen, I would have thought I would be able to win something! Please advise.

Thanks.

Rates are date specific and demand is higher than we've seen lately for your dates.

For example, the Sheraton is sold-out when searching for your complete stay, and while the Westin is available when searching for your complete stay, it is sold-out for the first nite of your stay when searching the nites individually... both of these conditions indicates stronger than usual demand for your dates.

What is your maximum bid for these dates for a 4* hotel? Would you consider lowering your star rating? I'm not sure if it would help, but any thoughts on SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have realized that the day that is ruining it for me is Sept 19. It seems like there is a big event that day. All I could find was a Mariners-Yankees game. Does this usually cause a high demand downtown seattle?

I am wondering whether I should bid for Sept 20-22, and pay for the 19th seperately.

Thanks.

Your approach is reasonble, but you need to be prepared for the hotel you receive:

1) not having rooms avaialble for the additional nite

2) having rooms avaialble but not at a reasonable rate

I would also search HOTWIRE for the nite of the 19th to see what is available (but not buy anything just yet) so that if you do win the other two nites, you at least know your "worst case scenario" based upon the HOTWIRE offerings... spend $175+ to stay downtown, consider staying in bellevue for the first nite to save money, etc.

Ideally the hotel you win will have a reaonsably priced room for the additional nite, but given the fact that you're SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID this may not be realistic, so it's good to have an idea of how you'll play it should a room not be avaialble for an acceptable price (or not available at all)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to piece this together and are happy with the results. Price for the first nite is a little steep, but it's a high demand nite, and glad to see you won't have to change properties during your stay.

When you check-in let them know that you have a separate, but consecutive, reservation and ask them to block the room for the next two nites. You may need to show up at the front desk on 'switch' day, but shouldn't have to change rooms.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]