Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Downtown) Courtyard

puffera
By puffera,
in

How do you want to bid this... are you looking for a 4* hotel up to your limit and then, if rejected, try for a 3.5* up to your limit, and then try for a 3* OR are you looking for the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

What are the date(s) of your stay? We also don't want to suggest a strategy that goes higher than you're willing to bid... what is your maximum bid for this trip?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone3...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone4...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not exactly, the idea behind re-bidding is that you can add zones that you can't possibly win since they only contain hotels which are below the star rating threshold you selected.

Are you able to determine your FOUR re-bid zones at the 4* level?

I didn't understand this note:

"We were not able to process this request since our records indicate you have already made a request for this same trip. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number ###-###-###-##.

We'd be happy to try your request again if you can do any one of the following:

Change your dates of stay

Select a different hotel quality star level

Add more areas in which you'd be willing to stay

If you can change any of these items, you can also name a new price. If you are unable to change your request as indicated above, you will need to wait at least 24 hours from the time you made your original offer to try again."

My another process was rejected, what is the reason for this note?

this note indicates that you had made a "duplicate bid".

When a bid is rejected, you have to:

Change your dates of stay

Select a different hotel quality star level

Add more areas in which you'd be willing to stay

Rebidding involves adding another "rebid zone" which is another zone where the highest rated zone is lower than the minimum star rating that you are willing to accept.

thereuare asked you to list the 4 rebid zones for Philadelphia that would be available at the 4* level. These are zones where the highest rated hotel is less than 4*.

Go back to PRICELINE and the Philadelphia zone. On a piece of paper, check off each zone individually and write down the name of the zone and the highest hotel rating for each zone. The zones that are less than 4* are rebid zones. Please list these rebid zones below so we can help you help yourself with this bid.

Correct me if I am wrong - after 1st bid at 4* is rejected in Downtown, you can make 4 more bids at the 4* star level by adding each of the other zones on each bid and presumably marginally increasing your bid amount with each bid, up to your maximum with each sucessive bid; if all rejected at 4* level, you can drop down to 3-1/2* star level - only include downtown area, if rejected, then you can make three more bids at this level by adding the Gloucester, Trevose and City Line zones with each successive bid (do not add University area since this zone has a 3-1/2 star and you would risk getting the "win" in this zone rather than the Downtown zone); if all 3-1/2* bids are rejected, you can drop the star rating to 3*; then bid 3* star in Downtown zone only; you can then only make more bid at the 3* level, by adding the Gloucester zone (the other three zones all have 3* hotels and you would risk have your win in one of those zones). If you are not sucessful at this point - you would have to wait 24 hours to make your next bid unless you would be willing to make some other change.

At the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones... at the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

After many bids, I changed my strategy. I splinted the stay at two hotels and I tried only 3*.

The first stay won was at Courtyard By Marriott Philadelphia Downtown 10/07/09 - 10/11/09 per $55 - 3*,

and

the second stay won was at Holiday Inn Historic District 10/11/09 - 10/15/09 per $60 - 3*.

Unfortunately I didn't have luck to stay in just one Hotel, but I'm very glad with this prices.

Thank you everybody that helped me :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]