Hotwire Hotel: 3* Minneapolis (Bloomington East - Mall of America Area - MSP Airport)

slken
By slken,
in

Hi Guys,

I'm new to both Hotwire and BetterBidding. Your expert advice would be appreciated.

My travel dates are 9/4 to 9/9/2009. I'm looking to get a 3* in the Minneapolis (Bloomington East - Mall of America Area - MSP Airport) area.

I'll be needed 2 Queen beds. When trying to do a search how do I guarantee 2 beds? Should I simply put in 3 Adults? Or 2 Adults/2 Kids?

Also, I'll need a non-smoking room. But from my research Hotwire doesn't guarantee me that. So the only way to I can best move the odds in my favor is to make sure the reverse engineered candidate hotel is a "non smoking" hotel, right?

So I did my search using the above parameters at Hotwire and doing a "Sell All Amenities", I get back:

Airport Shuttle, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access

There's doesn't seem to be an exact match under the 3* hotel from the pinned Hotwire Hotel List. Could it it be the 2.5* that was formerly a 3*?

Also, besides the HOTWIRE quoted price, do I need to be leery of any tacked on fees like a resort fee?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

slken

Welcome to BetterBidding.

I'll be needed 2 Queen beds. When trying to do a search how do I guarantee 2 beds? Should I simply put in 3 Adults? Or 2 Adults/2 Kids?

You can search for 3, 2+1, 2+2 or 4 etc to get separate beds.

Also, besides the Hotwire quoted price, do I need to be leery of any tacked on fees like a resort fee?

If we can get a positive ID on the hotel can you check this.

So I did my search using the above parameters

Which parameters is that?

Also, I'll need a non-smoking room. But from my research Hotwire doesn't guarantee me that. So the only way to I can best move the odds in my favor is to make sure the reverse engineered candidate hotel is a "non smoking" hotel, right?

Yes.

Yellowdog.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

I used search parameters:

City: Eagan, MN

Dates: 9/4/2009 to 9/9/2009

Room: 1

Adults: 2

Children: 2

With that search, I got the $50 3* hotel in Bloomington East - Mall of America Area - MSP Airport.

When I change it to 3 Adults, 0 children or 2 Adults, 1 children, I get $48 3* hotel in Bloomington East - Mall of America Area - MSP Airport.

Both of them have the same amenities.

I'm thinking the $50 has 2 beds, whereas the $48 has 1 bed and a sofa sleeper bed.

The more I think about it (based on my earlier hotel amenity comparison), I'm convinced it's Country Inn & Suites. Right?

This could be a match for the Country Inn and Suites at Mall of America with a 'new' Hi-Speed Internet icon since previously reported, but the Holiday Inn Express (1601 American Blvd East) has previously been reported with these amenities and is now 3* rated by HOTWIRE and that would be my best guess.

I wouuld't rule out the Country Inn and Suites, but i think the Holiday Inn Express is a better guess based upon previous reports.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]