hhonors email after my priceline win

Jim F
By Jim F,
in

After my recent doubletree stay, I received an email from hhonors promising me $50 (AMEX certificate) if I find a lower rate on another site.

Of course, they exclude opaque sites, e.g. PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, but it made me think if I am within $50 of the rate on the hiltonfamily site, I could try looking for a lower "non-opaque" rate to try and improve on a known PL price I can usually get.

Here is their small print

Hilton guarantees that if you make a reservation on a Hilton Family website, Hilton Reservations & Customer Care or directly at a Hilton Family hotel and then find a lower rate on some other booking channel, we'll match it, plus give you a US $50 America PRICELINE EXPRESS

This is standard "Best Rate Guarantee" which most hotel chains now offer.

Typically the hotel chains have contracts with 3rd party suppliers which stipulate that they won't under-sell the hotel's own rates (or the hotel chains set the rates for 3rd party suppliers to be equal or slightly higher than their own) so while you can sometimes make a successful claim, you'll find that they're far and few between.

If you do choose to book direct, please note in our support page that we're an affiliate of all the HILTON brands and please use our links in the support page for your hotel direct purhcases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]