WI Madison Best Western East Towne Suites

lizamead
By lizamead,
in

Stayed here on a $42/nt priceline bid, and was very happy with the hotel. I'd read a few trip advisor reviews upon getting the priceline acceptance, and was a bit worried abt cleanliness from some of those, and so I think I was primed to notice problems. My room did seem a bit musty and not quite as dehumidified as I'd like at times, but I'm not sure I'd have noticed it had I not been primed to, and even so, it wasn't something that was huge, or constant. In general, I thought both my room and the hotel overall were well maintained. The front desk staff was great - very helpful and friendly - when I asked about nearby restaurants beyond those I saw out the window, they gave other options and also noted that they had discount coupons for several (and also pointed out to me that the room keys had an ad for 15% discount at the TGI Fridays across the street). They also helped me with directions, giving me a better map than I'd had initially.

The "suites" are really more like regularly sized rooms that have a partial room divider between the bed area and a sofa/table area. The TV was in a cabinet in front of the sofa (which also served as the dresser and stored the fridge and microwave) , but could be brought forward and angled to be seen readily from the bed and desk (in front of the bed). The pool was lovely, and the fitness room (located away from the pool, on the 2nd floor, and not open to children) included some weight equipment as well as the treadmill, bike, stairclimber. Coffee was available all day in the lobby, as were real newspapers, not stupid USA Todays. Breakfast was pretty tasty, including basic continental stuff, make-your-own-waffles, and also eggs, sausages, and spiced potatoes.

Location was excellent - right off the highway (90/94), abt a 15 or so minute drive to downtown Madison.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]