Hotwire Car Rental - Insurance included ?

Johs
By Johs,
in

Hi

I have 2 questions about Car rental on Hotwire

1. I'm considering booking a car for 2 weeks in LA though you HOTWIRE link. My first question is if anybody knows if insurance is included ? I get a qoute at USD 264 for a compact car which seems quite cheap.

2. My 2 question is if its correct that I can see you the Rental Agency (in this case Alamo) ? I thought the concept of HOTWIRE was that the Renta agency was only disclosed after the booking was made ? Or is that only for hotels ?

Best Regards

Johs

1) insurance is NOT included in your HOTWIRE rental

2) HOTWIRE will show both "opaque" (shown in red) and "non-opaque" (shown in grey) rentals in their mix... if you're able to see the name of the rental company then this is a retail/non-opaque offer

Please remember to follow-up your San Francisco thread with whatever you decided to do for that leg of your stay. (as well as this thread with whatever you decided to do for that rental)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Neither PRICELINE nor HOTWIRE includes insurance in their rate.

There is no firm rule, but PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but you should be aware of the HOTWIRE price as well to make sure you don't overbid. As well as observing the HOTWIRE base rate (and coparing to your bid amount), be sure to look at the total cost of the rental, as sometimes the 'fees and taxes' are less with HOTWIRE, making them the cheaper totaloption even though the base rate may appear a little higher.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Dear friends, If I pay the insurance option in Priceline (11$/day for Las Vegas) the car rental company can force me to pay his own assurance or the company is forced to provide the car to me for the exact price that I paid in Priceline without extra fares? I am afraid because i dont want pay two times an assurance. Thank you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]