DC Sheraton National Arlington

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

Got this for $66/night on Hotwire (A few days later the hotel's website later listed a price of $69 a night for the same days of our trip... so not a bargain). I like the fact that I could mention we were bringing a kid on hotwire, that insured us of 2 beds.

Had low expectations, but was ultimately pleased.

Pros: Hotwire 3.5* star rated and it lived up to it. Nicely appointed rooms, clean, comfortable beds, stocked with the usual toiletries, plus iron, ironing board, large tv.

Big Con: Bad location. In the middle of nowhere. Not near metro, although they do have shuttle service to the metro. Not recommended for leisure sightseeing vacation trip, but ok if there for one night or don't need to rely on metro.

Small Con: Walls a little thin, I heard a 6:00 am wake up call go off in a neighboring room.

Possible Con Turned Pro: Was told at check in that there would be a $16 parking fee for each night of our stay. At check out, was informed that there would be no parking charge for either night of our stay. That was a pleasant surprise.

Persnickety Con: After winning this hotel I signed up for the Starwood preferred guest card. The check-in clerk said there were no perks with this card unless I was at the platinum level. Deciding to test the waters, I asked for a room with a Washington view, declined, was told I could have one for an extra $50.00. I asked if we could have some vouchers for beverages or drinks.... nope. This isn't really a complaint....just letting folks know that in this instance the guest card didn't help much. In contrast, when we stayed at the Omni Shoreham they treated us wonderfully.

Since on this trip we spent our time driving to colleges we didn't need to rely on the metro. And seeing there was nothing nearby, we ate while we were out. Worked out fine and we had a pleasant stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]