What if there is no star rating for hotel?

Nucks08
By Nucks08,
in

Hello all,

I am new to this and was looking on Priceline for hotel. I noted that in some of the areas I was looking (Superior, WI and Sault Ste Marie, Ontario) some of the hotels listed did not show a star rating. I am wondering if I bid on say a 2 star hotel if they could substitute one of the hotels that didn't show a rating? I have sent that question to Priceline, they say they try to respond in 3 hours, but that was yesterday and have not yet received a response. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks.

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding using the "retail" version of PRICELINE to determine what you will get thru the 'name your own price' side of PRICELINE.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

If you need help with a bidding strategy let us know and we'll advise accordingly, and if you do move forward with PRICELINE (or HOTWIRE) please be sure to report your win(s) to the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did read through the FAQ's but did not find answer to my question. If you into the name your price section and 5 hotels come up, 2 are 2stars,2 are 1 star, and 2 have no star rating. If you request room at 2 star or better rating could you be awarded room at one of the hotels that does not have a star rating?

The hotels that may show up on the retail side of the service aren't necessarily the ones that show up on the bidding side of the service. It's best (I'd imagine even more so in smaller markets like this) to not entirely go on what's showing on the retail side when researching bidding.

Additionally, while I'm probably searching for different dates (since you did not mention the dates you are searching for), I'm not seeing any hotels w/o star ratings in either of these areas on the retail side of the service.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

The area was Superior Wisconsin for check in on Fri. Aug.28 and out on Aug.29. The 5 hotels came up when on regular priced side I clicked on superior at bottom of page rather than superior and area. What we'd really like is the Holiday Inn Express but there is another 2 star that shows up the Best Western Bridgeview and also the ones without stars. So when I click on name your price it just comes up with choice of 1 or 2 star ratings. So in this instance should I expect to get either of the Holiday Inn or Best Western named above or could it be one without stars or some other hote? Really appreciate your help.

As mentioned above, and in the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ, DO NOT rely on the 'retail' side of PRICELINE to determine what you will get thru the 'name your own price' side of PRICELINE. The two sides of the service each use a different pool of hotels.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]