Hotwire Hotel: 5* What hotels come up in this *rating

brats
By brats,
in

Brats,

First of all, it is not true that the Venetian only starts giving Priceline access to inventory just seven days before a given date. Bids can be won weeks or months in advance, but often times the best deal can be had by waiting until less than a week before your check-in date to bid.

The Bellagio participates in Hotwire's Vacation Packages, but not their regular opaque Hotel product. I don't know if they participate in Priceline's Vacation Packages, but perhaps someone else will chime in on that. The Bellagio and the Venetian are the only two 5* hotels in Las Vegas that have any affiliation with Priceline/Hotwire.

Now, a search of Priceline's Vacation Packages and Hotwire's Vacation Packages and opaque Hotel product shows that there is no 5* availability for your dates at the moment, which is not altogether surprising. Whether or not that will change, I don't know (again, perhaps other posters will have a better idea whether or not it's likely that Priceline/Hotwire will gain access to any 5* inventory for New Year's Eve at some point). One way or the other, I would hope that you have a budget of well over $1000 for the hotel alone if you're hoping to stay in a 5* in Vegas on those dates.

This is a list of the HOTWIRE HOTELS that have been reported and this is a list of the PRICELINE HOTELS.

The 'one week prior rule' was for the Venetian for sub-$100/nite... but we haven't seen rates like that for quite some time (maybe we'll see it again during the summer, maybe those rates are done since the hotel market has strengthened). The time you're looking at is peak for Vegas and i'd recommend booking something that can be cancelled asap while you attempt to use Priceline.

What is your budget/maximum bid for this stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK

I have the Venetian booked for $1000 US

For the 4 days through the Venetian so it is possible to cancel

have just found this site and of course if I could get it cheaper that would be great

Maybe I should not be that brave with such an expensive item and stick to the single airport nights for the time being,

I do appreciate all the info and have already booked one and posted

So as to your question most probably about $800 max

The first two nites of your stay seem to be available thru HOTWIRE for $190/nite. You can probably get it a bit cheaper thru Priceline.

If you're able to cancel part of your stay and still have the other nites remain in tact, it seems as if you should be able to save $150+ by splitting up the reservations this way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]