Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (South Portland-Scarborough) Wyndham Airport

sjweyman
By sjweyman,
in

It took me 3 days to get this.

Day 1: $39, $41 in 3*, then $39 in 2.5*.

Day 2: $45 (offered try again raise $13), $48 (offered try again raise $14) both bids 3*, then $50 in 2.5* (again offered to raise $14)

Day 3: $52 in 3*, immediately accepted

I was bidding on South Portland only and adding in the free rebid when bidding 3*.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually get this hotel for $50(about 6 times), but I haven't been since the Sheraton sold. I need a room for Sept 18, 19. I had this all planed with Restaurant.com cert for Gauchos Churrascaria in Portland, I can't wait for that. I am trying for either the Wyndham or Marriot, I will go a little more for the Marriot. I just bid 75 for 3 1/2 which would be the Marriot and then $80 (I may go more for the Marriot) both rejected. Maybe there is something big going on that weekend you never know. I am afraid of bidding more areas for 3 star because there are some places I don't want to stay in Portland that are 3 stars. Although I have had some luck with Hotwire in other area, they scare me a little in Portland, I can't figure out what hotel is being offered and they don't break it down as well as Priceline. Having said that I have had some great deals in Philly and Boston with Hotwire. I am not a neophite but I am also willing to take advice if you have any.

I have been including both days, it occurred to me that I might try for Friday first and then see if they will add Saturday, I do know that Saturday is a much harder night.

Thanks,

Barry

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]