Newark, EWR(or NYC Area) to TGU(Tegucigalpa, HN) 12/21-12-31

Hirobo
By Hirobo,
in

Hello All,

First, thanks for the great resource you guys have provided. As the topic states, I'm looking to purchase 2 tickets to visit my folks for the holidays (they reside in Tegucigalpa, Honduras CA). Newark, EWR(or NYC Area) to TGU(Tegucigalpa, HN) 12/21-12-31

A little bit about the trip: There are many airlines that fly to TGU, but none fly direct from Newark EWR(or any other airport in the NYC area). There will always be at least one layover in either Atlanta, Miami, Houston for one stop flights. These routes are services by American, Delta, Continental, and United Airlines.

In addition, it is possible to travel using TACA but there are usually 2+ stops, in varying locations (Washington Dulles, San Salvador and Guatemala City). It is my understanding that when bidding for a ticket through Priceline, we can safely ignore this option as we will not be priced into this type of flight without our explicit consent. Is this correct?

To be clear, all TACA flights are undesirable to us because we do not wish to layover with this airline, as the waits are long, and usually in a 3rd world airport, either San Salvador or Guatemala City. I've had experience with both these airports in unrelated travel and do not wish to spend time there idling at the airport.

I am able to price a ticket for these dates at 497 total today (8/13/09). The breakdown is: 427 ticket price, 70 taxes and fees. This is through AA. Flight details follow:

Departing

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I agree with your assessments above... the TACA flight is not an option unless you agree to more than one layover/stopover. While it would seem like an extreme situation, within PRICELINE's terms, the two undesirable tix you mention would be possibilities.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I agree with your assessments above... the TACA flight is not an option unless you agree to more than one layover/stopover. While it would seem like an extreme situation, within PRICELINE's terms, the two undesirable tix you mention would be possibilities.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Hello, and thanks for your response. I am still agonizing over a decision, so I will update if I decide to bid or not and the results.

Thanks again!

Hello All,

Just wanted to update the fine forum goers on my experience. As suggested in other threads, Priceline's name your own price did produce good results for this amount of airfare.

I placed a bid for 250, 300, and 325 (+70 tax), and was rejected in all accounts. Priceline counter offered in all cases with savings of less than 5 percent. We ultimately decided not to bid further, as the potential savings would have been close to zero if not negative if we were layed over in any city at that point. (calculating the cost of hotel, dinner, ect..).

We booked directly from delta, for a flight leaving on the 21st to the 31st, at a price of 497 per ticket. There is no overnight layover for this flight.

Probably due to the holiday season, it was difficult to negotiate a good deal for this ticket. Regardless, 497 is still a significant savings.

Thanks all for your posts! We will come back in the near future, I am sure.

Thanks for 'closing' this thread with what you ultimately decided to do for this stay.

Please also note for future reference, as per our support page we are an affiliate of Delta Airlines, please check our support page for any future travel purchases.

Have a good trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]