Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago Suburbs (Oakbrook-Downers Grove) Wyndham Drake Oakbrook

collegex4
By collegex4,
in

We will be visiting Hyde Park area of Chicago. Have in the past stayed at the Hampton Inn Tinley Park for $80 gov't rate but decided to try PRICELINE. We will be driving more 9 hours from the East coast . Have unsuccessfully bid for a 2.5-3* in Tinley Park $35-46. Have seen only one successful bid for $100.

We would like to stay in a 2.5* or higher for $55 or less. Would like your input on what other suburbs to try ( Midway or Oak Brook?). Would like to avoid the northern suburbs since we don't want to battle traffic after a long ride and would like to be approx. 20 miles from Hyde Park. Thank you for your help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm not quite sure i understand your criteria for first selecting the Tinley Park zone... if this is the area you're interested in why not first choose other zones within the Chicago South region? (before looking at zones more north, such as Midway and Oakbrook)

Do you intend to try to Downtown Chicago each day or how do you intend on commuting?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry for the confusion.

We will be driving into Hyde Park everyday. We picked Tinley Park because it is on the southside of Chicago and is within a reasonable and highway fast commute to Hyde Park.

I'll look into Matteson. Will also try Burr Ridge and consider Oak Brook as a cost effective alternative.

Thank you for the feedback on Oak Brook.

Right now it looks like there is a winning bid for a 2* in Tinley Park for $55.

Personally, I'd recommend staying in the Oakbrook/Downers Grove area - that area has some very nice hotels, and the fact that it has a lot of hotels/inventory often leads to better prices.

Much agreed, we snagged a 2 star extended stay hotel for $23 a night in the Downers Grove area a few months back. Just pends if your really concerned with having a high high standard of a hotel. But, I'm also the type who will also stay in a hostel if it's a decent price and quality place.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a very nice, inexpensive, rate for this property. Hope you're happy with the results and this ultimatley works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]