Renting in the US from the UK

Catman
By Catman,
in

I have previously booked cars through PRICELINE but this time round I couldn't get a good deal that met my needs. I wanted to book a SUV (4x4), picking up on 16th September in Palm Springs (PSP) and returning on 24th Sept. in Los Angeles (LAX). I bid up to $32/day on Priceline but didn't go further as both Dollar and Thrifty were offering an SUV for $455.65 though the Car Rental Checker. Booking through PRICELINE would have meant paying additional one-way charges of around $150.

I initially reserved a car with Dollar but later found an even better deal for an SUV directly through Avis.co.uk. The deal with Dollar did not include LDW or ALI and included an Excess, all of which can be purchased as optional extras, unless you have suitable cover already with insurance4carhire.com (which I just renewed).

First I joined Avis Preferred (free of charge), then followed the links to the best deals, entered the details and got quoted

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]