Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Downtown) Hyatt Rgy Penns Landing

tyagel
By tyagel,
in

I am planning on bidding for 2 or 3 rooms in downtown Philadelphia the night of 11/20 and I am looking for a bidding strategy. I am not extremely concerned about the * level of the rooms but would probably pay a little more for little nicer place (also am going to be walking to start of marathon which is at Eakins Circle and Benjamin Franklin Parkway if that). I also would like to be able to have up to 4 people in each room and I am not certain what the chance is that I would get a hotel that only has double occupancy rooms?

Thanks

Thomas

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Good Luck in your marathon training and the upcoming race.

If you want to guarantee four people in a room i don't think you should use Priceline as that is not something that they guarantee. You can achieve this objective with Hotwire; as well, Hotwire has sub-divided the downtown Philadelphia zone so it should be a bit easier to target a hotel within walking distance of the marathon's start.

If this is an option for you please look at Hotwire's map and let us know which zone you want to be in (and if anywhere within that zone is acceptable to you).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok so I looked at Hotwire and the cheapest hotel rates for 4 in a room were:

3.5* in downtown west @ $135

3* in downtown east @170

4* in downtown waterfront @109

I'm tempted to try bidding on priceline anyway since the lowest downtown price is $109 on hotwire. Anyone have a guess what the $109 hotel might be (Customer Favorite -- restaurant, pool, fitness center, highspeed internet, business center)?

Eakins Oval is in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and this is right on the edge of Center city East district according to the Hotwire map. The closest hotel would be the Embassy Suites or the 4 Seasons, but these properties will be expensive. The Wyndham is just a bit further away, it looks like there have been some recent wins using Priceline and the staff seems pretty accomodating. There is another property called the Hotel Windsor that is close. Your predicament reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where the runner is late for the race due to oversleeping :) so I can imagine that you want to stay near to the starting point of the marathon.

The HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST seems to indicate that the 4* in the Waterfront zone is a match for the Hyatt in Penns Landing.

If you want to try Priceline you have 7 re-bid zones available when bidding 4*. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and ask any questions you may have.

I would select 4* Downtown and....

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]