CT Stamford Sheraton

crisp1
By crisp1,
in

I must first say that Jethro Tull gave an oustanding 2.5hr concert, young and us 50+(majority) very pleased. They are not too old to R&R!

The Sheraton is designed and run with the business traveler in mind. Lan lines in every room, an Enterprise car desk in the lobby, a business/copy/gift/art center. Parking is $4/day. Booking thru Hotwire, and able to request 2 beds helped in making the decision not to book 2 rooms, and glad that I didn't. We were upgraded to the fourth floor (The Starwood preferred guest floor). Along with 2 queen size beds, a double pull out couch, large desk in a 20x20 room, there was a semi-private large dressing area ( coffee pot w reg and decaff +tea, but no fridge). The hotel has the box design, with the inside rooms overlooking the lobby/atrium. There is only one restuarant open at a time(6:30 am to 11 pm). Although the menu is limited, it includes a low carb list, and the food of excellent quality. I had the crab cakes (terrific) and my son the pizza, which was also very good ( the best pizza is made right here in NJ!). The breakfast was self serve, plenty of different fruits, nuts etc., but if your looking for fresh made eggs, pancakes etc., walk across the street to IHOP. Although it states there is complimentary shuttle service ( which seemed to be running this morning) we had to take cabs back and forth to the Palace theater $6/each way- parking would have cost $10. It was nice to be dropped off at the front door.

• 7 months later...

I stayed at the Sheraton Stamford the night of 7/7/05. Won it on priceline for $55.

This is a 3* hotel that aspires to be a 4*. If you get it do a happy dance.

Friendly front desk allowed me to check in early. Gave me a king, non-smoking room which is what I wanted. Room was nicely appointed, comfortable bed, quiet. Coffeemaker in room as noted above and computer Lan lines and such. Very, very comfortable all around.

There is an indoor pool, so even though this hotel is geared for business, a family would enjoy it.

Very satisfied.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]