Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Oak Brook-Downers Grove) Embassy Suites Lombard-OakBrook

g1gzter
By g1gzter,
in

Amenities shown before purchase: Suite, Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access

Amenities shown after purchase: Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby

Room: $61.00 + $12.69 Fees = $73.69

The change in amenities was a little strange to me but I guessed that it was the Embassy anyway. Really wanted to stay at the Hyatt Lombard again but apparently wasn't available this time.

Great Board and yes I used the BB HOTWIRE link before purchase - Thanks!

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Seem like you're only seeing the first eight amenity icons shown... you'll only see additional amenities (after the first eight) if during the checkout process, after clicking the first CONTINUE button from the main page, if you click the 'See all amenities' link under the icons.

If you now go to HOTWIRE and click the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page, do you see a more complete list of amenities than either of the above?

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Spent the night at the Embassy and here are some scattered thoughts:

Good: Above average free breakfast, spacious room, friendly and helpful staff, location

Bad: No video input allowed on tv's (power/volume/input/channel buttons all disabled on the set), pool and hot tub were way too small for facility and was jammed entire time, business center computers were password protected even though access required room key, computer terminals in main lobby were next to useless (were disabled to where couldn't load basic wiki page), charge $12.95 for in-room internet, no free wi-fi anywhere in the building including lobby, inadequate parking - was like a treasure hunt, microwave burned two bags of popcorn while using "popcorn button"

Weird: there were three sinks in the room (one in the master bedroom, one in the kitchen area, and one in the bathroom)

I really wanted to stay at the Hyatt Place again instead but it wasn't available on the day that I wanted. There is a reason the Hyatt is the #1 place in Lombard, free breakfast (athough not as fancy as Embassy but the line isn't nearly as long), every video input you could ever want on the TV's, free wi-fi all over the place, much quieter, and great value.

I generally don't stay at Hilton's much and this Embassy stay only reminds me why. The $12.95 charge for internet was ridiculous at this day and age but perhaps it's there for the Paris Hilton Dog House Fund. The rate was higher than the Hyatt and then I felt nickel and dimed to death.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]