Priceline Hotel: 4* Monterey (Monterey-Pacific Grove) Marriott Monterey

dman3000
By dman3000,
in

Hi all!

I am brand new to this forum and I love it. :)

I clicked your PRICELINE link and I'm currently trying to get a 1 night stay in the Monterey area (specifically Cannery Row) for this coming Saturday night to Sunday morning 8/8-8/9. I realize that I'm kind of late in the bidding and I read your stragety link (well, I skimmed it :) ) and it seems like all of my bids are getting rejected even when I'm getting close to HOTWIRE prices?

I have bid up to $175 and I'm still getting rejected. Yesterday I was able to find a place on the water just using like Orbitz for $200.00. Am I just a super N00b? I think I'm doing what the other people did and didn't want to put the embarrassing post out, but here I am. :o

Welcome to BetterBidding!

...and it seems like all of my bids are getting rejected even when I'm getting close to HOTWIRE prices?

What star rating are you selecting when you're bidding via PRICELINE? Are you bidding only the Monterey zone?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I am selecting only the Monterey Zone. I tried to do the strategy where I selected other zones that didn't have any available but to no avail.

I was trying for 3* up but I think I'm willing to go even lower at this point. I just wanted to get something relatively close to Cannery Row without it being a motel.

Do you advise that I try to do 2 stars?

PRICELINE's Monterey-Pacific Grove zone is quite a bit larger than the just the Cannery Row area. To use Priceline you need to be willing to accept a hotel ANYWHERE inside the zone boundaries. You can view the zone boundaries on PRICELINE's website.

Rates are high for your dates and some hotels are sold out. Hyatt $309, Embassy Suites $347, Intercontinental-sold out. (Rates from Orbitz.) Hotwire's highest rated offering in Monterey is a 2.5* at $119. It's possible that PRICELINE doesn't have any 4* or 3* inventory for your date.

You said you bid $175. Was that for a 4*? Have you done any bidding at 3.5* or 3* levels yet? If so how high?

Do you advise that I try to do 2 stars?

It really depends upon the needs of this stay and your own tolerance for a 2* property. At the lower star levels i often prefer to book thru non-opaque sources so that i can at least choose from the best of the budget proerties... as the true quality can differ greatly at the lower rated properties.

Also, not sure of the purpose of your trip, but i would also sooner look at less expensive altenatives at higher rated hotels in nearby zones... at some point pirce wins out over convenience :)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

Does anyone know what the 3* is in Carmel Valley?

3 Star Hotel in Carmel - Carmel Valley Area for $97 a night

Priceline Hotel Partner

Our 3-star hotel partners include Marriott Courtyard, Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn, Doubletree Club, Four Points, Indigo plus other independent hotels of equivalent quality.

Hotel Amenities

Remote Control TV with Premium Channels

Telephone with Voicemail

Radio Alarm Clock

Iron and Ironing Board

Hairdryer

Business Services

24 Hour Front Desk

On-Site Dining

Sorry to see it took more than you originally wanted to spend, but at least you saved a bit on this purchase and hopefully this property and location work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]