Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Hotel Max

sorhelterskelter
By sorhelterskelter,
in

After doing some research I have chosen to go with PRICELINE.

At first me and my friend were going to go with HOTWIRE and I was looking for the best deals because I have a tight budget I found this forum.

This forum has been a huge help!

I have a couple questions as far as bidding and rooms go.

Do they come with two beds or do you have to request two beds? Its only for two people.

I have seen people win bids of 65 and above for 3.5* and 75 and above for 4*. I was going to try and bid at 65 for a 3.5*

What hotels do you see most often get with a 3.5?

My travel dates are: 8/17/09-8/21/09 so will be booking a room for 4 nights total.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Glad to hear the board has been helpful to you so far. To answer some of your questions:

Do they come with two beds or do you have to request two beds? Its only for two people.
With PRICELINE all that is guarnateed is a room that will accomodate double occupany. You can call the hotel after your purchase and request a room with 2 beds, but there is no guarnatee that the hotel will be able, or willing, to accomodate your request. For additional info on this subject you can see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

(NOTE: if you need two bed then HOTWIRE may be a better, although slightly more expensive, option. If you search for triple occupancy you'll be guaraneed sleeping accomodations for three, which essentially means separate beds, atlhough note that the 'second bed' could be a rollaway bed brought into the room, a pullout sofabed, etc)

What hotels do you see most often get with a 3.5?
If you enter "Seattle Pike Place" (without the quotes) in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the board you'll see all related wins for this zone and can quickly get a feel for which properties come up more than others... but keep in mind you can receive any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select.

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

... im more worried about is making sure we have two beds and not one.

Then PRICELINE is probbly not the best service for you to book a room for this trip.

Would one bed plus a pullout sofabed OR one bed plus a rollaway bed brought into the room satisfy your '2 bed requirement'? If you go to HOTWIRE and search for triple occupancy for your dates (try both 2adults/1chil as well as 3adults) does anything show up within your desired zone, star rating, and budget?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If the you can work out the bed issue, perhaps a 3* bid wouldn't be a bad idea for you if your open to it. With a 3.5* bid you are likely to land the renaissance marriott, with a 3* you could win the Red Lion or Crowne Plaza which is just as nice as the marriot imo. They are right next door. Check out the wins and see what would fit your budget the best. If you decide to go 4* you might get lucky and win the Westin Seattle which is a superb hotel.

Good luck.

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

Yes we are open to maybe going down to a 3* hotel. I was looking forward to attempting to win the Westin! Has there been anyone that has booked the hotel room, and then called the hotel as soon as the transaction goes through and request a room with 2 beds?

Ive also seen Hotel Max as a 3* which was shocking to me that the star rating was so low.

As i posted in another thread ealier today:

As there are many variables involved, room requests getting honored isn't something that is black and white, so somebody elses experience (positive or negative) won't necessarily be the same as yours... hotel occupancy levels for your particular dates play a big factor, as does the mood of the front desk clerk at check-in, what's available when you check-in, etc. (and a reminder that if you're bidding on PRICELINE... there's no assurance that the Doubletree Westin is the property you will receive)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

We are going to stick with PRICELINE and call the hotel as soon as we book the hotel in hopes they will be able to accommodate us with another bed of some sort. My friend said shes willing to sleep on the floor so im sure a sofa bed and or roll away bed wont be terrible and we could take turns. Our most important factors is price and location. The prices for our dates of 8/17/09 to 8/21/09 on HOTWIRE are much higher than when I did a previously search about a week ago. I will post all information once we book and call the hotel.

Ive also seen Hotel Max as a 3* which was shocking to me that the star rating was so low.

That's one hotel I really don't like downtown, but that's just me. I don't like the modern trendy styles I guess. Very dark.

Best of luck on your bidding. I hope you win the westin as well :).

First bid on PRICELINE for $67 3.5* Denied

Dropped down to a 3* at $67 and was accepted.

It came to a total of $316.44 for 4 nights.

Hotel Max

620 Stewart Street

Seattle, Washington 98101

United States

206-728-6299

Check-In Date: Monday, August 17, 2009

Check-Out Date: Friday, August 21, 2009

Called the hotel immediately after transaction went through and requested a room with two beds and they said it would be no problem!

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Hope you're happy with the outcome and that this works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Nice job, and it looks like this was one of the hotels you were hoping for. As much as I don't like the interior design of the hotel, the customer service I have found to be probably one of the best in the city.

Well done!

I do love how interesting this hotel is, but my only concern is how people keep complaining about the room size. Have you stayed there before inspiration?

I would have preferred Crown Plaza but I hope once I get there my mind will change and I will enjoy the hotel much more than I thought.

The fact its across from The Westin is a huge plus as far as location.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]