Priceline Hotel: Help needed for Hastings, Nebraska for 8/13/09

lee1
By lee1,
in

I have tried multiple times to get a question answered from Priceline customer support with no success. Here is the situation: When you go to the bidding feature for Hastings the map shows only one zone for Hastings (which I would expect considering the size of the town). However the map displays the Hastings location icon well to the south of the town - as much as 15 miles south. All I want to know is this - is the icon shown south of the town so that the icon would not cover the town name or - it that where the possible hotel is located?

Priceline's India located customer support has been useless. I simply asked "are the hotels in Hastings or not?" An example of one of their responses was "As advised earlier, when using the Name Your Own Price option, we've broken down many major cities into more manageable areas, and provided maps on our website indicating where each area starts and ends. Choose one or more areas where you'd like your hotel to be located, and we'll search them for a participating hotel at your desired star level willing to accept your price."

Can anyone tell me - is it likely that the location is well south of the town or in the town based on the location of this particular icon?

FYI - I used to live in Hastings and the towns (Pauline, Ayr, etc) to the south are VERY small.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you look under the PRICELINE's map it states:

We will find you a room in a hotel willing to agree to your price in the shaded area.
(emphasis added by me)

I wouldn't go by the zone name, but rather the boundaries as drawn on the map.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I understand that I "should" go by the map parameters. It is just that I used to live there and where the map is drawn there is nothing but towns of 5-800 people and many, many cows. I honestly think the map is in error on this one. My wife said go ahead and gamble and see. We are taking our son there to begin his first year of college.

Thanks for responding. FYI - I always try to remember to use the links.

As a final follow up I did not get the room through Priceline but here is what happened. On separate days (since there is not a second Hastings zone) I bid $45, 50, 55, and $60. When I bid $60 I received a counter offer to add $17. I chose not to do so since I received a better rate by calling a particular hotel directly.

I am fairly certain that the Priceline bidding Hotel is the Holiday Inn Express which is actually located in the northern end of town. The link below shows the actual location of the hotel.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/h...rtation?start=1

The google map incorrectly shows the hotel location well south of town and that is the map that Priceline is using for the bidding process to identify a zone.

I used the PRICELINE link for my bidding attempts.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]