Under 21... Able to Bid and Stay with Priceline?

neonlily
By neonlily,
in

Hey all,

I'm 20 turning 21 in January and wondering how possible it is for me to book a hotel using priceline and stay at the hotel. I know some hotels check and ask if you're 21 but I've never been asked at other places before. I've booked before with my boyfriend as he's 22 but I was wanting to go to Chicago with my friend and we're both 20 turning 21.

Anyone have any luck with this or should I just stick to hotwire.

Thanks

The terms of both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE is that you must be 21 years old.

I suspect that this rule is in effect as 1) many rooms have alcohol in the minibar and they need to keep it unaccessible to those under 21 years old, and 2) some hotels want to avoid teenager/high school parties so set the threshold to 21 years old. Having a 'blanket' rule make it easier for each service to manage so they don't have to ask each user to check a box indicating if they're over/under 21 years old.

It's a risk you will have to decide if you're willing to accept, but i suspect that if the hotel has a 21 and over policy then you could have a problem at check-in depending upon the clerk that checks you in... but i wouldn't think you'd have any problem if you receive a hotel whose policy is '18 and over'.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or check our support page if you choose to book direct)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]