Hotwire Hotel: Plans are Set, now need help Id hotels?

herburlness
By herburlness,
in

Hi,

Im new here and was hoping I could get some insight. I will be in Chicago 08/26 thru 08/30 and was looking at hotwire choices. These are what showed up:

Option 1- 4* hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville with fitness, restraunt, buisness and internet for $89

Option 2- 4.5* hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville with fitness, restraunt, buisness, and internet for $109

Option 3- 4* hotel in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast with botique, fitness, restraunt, business, and golf nearby for $85

Option 4- 4* hotel in Chicago Loop with fitness, restraunt, business, and internet for $86

Also, do these prices change frequently? Should I wait and see a couple days if they go down or change? And one more question..If I need to possibly add another room is it possible to get the same price for a second room down the road or will I need to go thru the process all over again and hope I get the same hotel?

Any suggestions would be great? Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As far as when to purchase, if your plans are firm, it appears to be a good deal, and you believe you have identified the property, it's best to make the purchase. While the price could go down after you make your purchase, it could also go up, but the additional risk is that the property disappears entirely and is replaced by something which you either can't identify or are not as happy with. For additional info on this subject please see the related "early or close to check-in" link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

You cannot add rooms to your previous purchase, so if you'd like all the rooms to be in the same hotel, it's best to wait until your plans are firm so that you can purchase them in one purchase.

Let us know once your plans are firm (ie- how many rooms you'll need) and you're ready to commit to an offering and we'll identify whatever properties are showing at that time.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had posted before, and wasnt too sure about how many rooms I would need at the time. My plans are now set, and I need help to id a couple different options if you could?

Will be in Chicago from 08/26 thru 08/30 and have found these options on Hotwire.

Option 1: 4.5-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville for $112. Fitness, restaurant, Business Center, and High Speed Internet.

Option 2: 4-star hotel in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast $113. Fitness, restaurant, business, and internet

Option 3: 4.5-star hotel in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast $153. Fitness, restaurant, business and internet.

Option 4: 4-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville $89. Fitness, Restaurant, business, internet, and spa

Im going with my Mom and she hasnt been to Chicago in almost 20 years, I want to stay in a nice place that is central to everything. Any help would be really great, Thanks!

4.5* Mag Mile = likely Intercontinental

4* North Michigan Ave/WT/GC = this could be a few different properties - the Drake, Millennium Knickerbocker, Allerton and Westin Michigan Ave. are all possibilities.

4.5* North Michigan Ave/WT/GC = My *guess* for this would be the Sofitel.

4* Mag Mile = likely Hyatt.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and let us know how it goes or if there are any questions.

Thank you! I was hoping for the Conrad, Sofitel, or intercontinental...so 2 out of 3 isnt bad :) !

I have never stayed at any of these hotels, in your opinion is the Sofitel worth the extra $50 a night vs the intercontinental?

Update.....I just checked again, and I believe the 4.5* mag.mile/Streeterville went up, I guess I will have to keep my eye on it and see it it goes back down again possibly. I would like the intercontinental if I can get a price close to $112 like it was previously.

If this is a special occasion, it may be worth spending the extra on the listing that may be the Sofitel, which is certainly a very, very nice property (rated #1 in Chicago on Tripadvisor.)

However....

In terms of the Sofitel, how about this idea instead:

Click the site's Sofitel link here.

On the front page, there should be an option to enter a preferred code. Enter into the preferred code box the code SUMD.

Then search for Chicago for your dates. The Sofitel Chicago should come up as an option, and click on that and search for 2 adults.

If you entered in the promotional code on the front page, there should be an option for a room for $149, which is a few bucks less than what HOTWIRE appears to be offering it for, plus at least with this you know for sure you're getting the Sofitel.

I tried but now she wants to try and save some money (mothers!).

So back to the board....

4* in loop with fitness, pool, restraunt, business center, and high speed internet for $82

4*hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville with fitness, restraunt, business, internet, and spa for $89

I also noticed one that I didnt see before 4.5* hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville with fitness, restraunt, business, internet, laundry facilities, and spa for $139

Any ideas?

The 4* Loop would likely be the Palmer, while the 4* MM-Streeterville would likely be the Hyatt. The 4.5* MM would likely be the James (although I'm not sure, I'd guess this hotel may not appeal to your mom)

On the high end, rather than the 4.5* on HOTWIRE for $139, as an alternate suggestion, I'd rather suggest the Monaco for $139 on Expedia.com - $10 per night using the 10AUG coupon code = $129 w/free hosted wine reception at night.

Otherwise, rather than paying in the $80's for the potential Palmer House or Hyatt, I'd rather suggest trying a bid of $57 for a 4* on PRICELINE in the Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park area in an attempt to get either property to snag a lowball bid. I'm guessing a likely point for a 4* acceptance in the Mp/Loop/Grant Park zone is in the $60-65 area, but may be as low as $57.

If you were able to be successful at $57-62, that would certainly be a very nice savings.

Please use the site's Expedia.com, PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links. Additionally, please let us know if you have any questions.

Ive stayed at the Palmer before. I was looking for somethng a little closer to shopping and/or somewhere I havent stayed before.

Im going with your idea for Hotel Monaco, I think thats a great deal!! I have stayed at Hotel Sax and wasnt disappointed so I think Hotel Monaco will work!

Thanks for all your help.....I love this website!!!! :)

Glad that the Monaco idea will work out (the free wine reception is a nice bonus), and thank you for using the site's Expedia.com link to start your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Additionally, there's also a Corner Bakery a couple of blocks East on Wacker (just before the Wacker/Michigan intersection, on Wacker) that's a very nice place for a quick bite to eat nearby.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]