Priceline and Hyatt Faster Free Nights

YYZC2
By YYZC2,
in

Well, having come late to the Hyatt FFN game, I am dead set on collecting as many FFN credits as possible during this campaign, in order to acheive some big travel goals of mine (stay at the PH Tokyo, Place Vendome, etc. etc.)

Seeing as I am on a budget (tough times in my industry) and pretty mobile (it's the airline industry), I think gaining credits on Priceline stays is the way to go. However, while the nightly rates on Priceline may be tempting, it doesn't really help when you end up at the Marriott for the night, as happened to me today on what I *thought* was a guaranteed Hyatt bid in Anaheim for later this month.

So, is anybody chasing the same holy grail I am? Maximum FFN w/ minimum dough using PL? If so, what are your strategies and where have you found your "safest" Hyatts; i.e. which cities/zones most reliably cough up a Hyatt at a given star/price level? Anywhere in the US is fine... cities with multiple Priceline-able Hyatts would be really preferred.

I think my next area of attack will be Chicagoland - looks like the Hyatt Woodfield and Hyatt Oak Brook are pretty reliable PLs in the $30 range and I could potentially do three stays in a weekend - fly in and check in and stay at Hyatt A on Fri, check in and stay at Hyatt B on Saturday, and check in, charge a quick incidental and fly home on Sunday.

Thoughts? I am crazy? Am I throwing my money away here? Any help is appreciated.

Will Hyatt give you frequent stay credits for priceline stays? I was under the impression that no chain awards points for priceline bookings.

That has always been OK with me. Hotel stay programs are usually far less lucrative than airline frequent flyer programs, and I make out FAR better paying about half price on priceline and not worrying much about hotal loyalty programs.

FWIW, I am an active participant in the Starwood program, but I accumulate most of my points using an AMEX Starwood credit card.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]