Crossing Borders in rented cars

puchopc
By puchopc,
in

Hello, I'm planning to rent a car in Rochester, NY and drive to Niagara, cross the border and spend a couples of days in Toronto then return to Rochester. Augist 1 to 5

Do you have any idea if the companies that Priceline or Hotel.com uses in this bidding process allow their cars to cross the canadian border?

What would happen if i bid for a car and then they does not allow it? Can they refund?

Thanks

As recently posted in another thread:

This is current at the time of posting from PRICELINE's help section:

While your rental car comes with unlimited mileage, the rental car company that is providing the car may have restrictions about driving your rental car into another country. If you plan on taking your rental car outside the U.S., we suggest you ask at the rental counter about its company's policy prior to driving off the rental car lot. This includes inquiries regarding driving into Canada and Mexico.

Best i think you can do is determine a rental location, call the "Big 5" car rental agencies that PRICELINE deals with in the area, and ask them their policy on taking cars into Canada.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]