Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (St Germain-Latin Quarter-Montparnasse) Le Meridien Mntprnse

Felix
By Felix,
in

Hello,

I am planning to stay in Paris for a week. My budget is around $100/night. It will be my first time to go to Paris. So, at this point, I have no idea where the ideal location to stay, but it will be lovely to stay around the Eiffel tower. Could you please provide some bidding tips on priceline? Do i get a better deal if I stay at the same hotel or not? I don't really care about # of stars..but all I care is not getting bed bugs. So, I am assuming that 3,4 star hotels are safer..?? Thanks in advance! :) - Felix (Female)

The first think you'll need to do is determine which zone(s) you're willing to stay in. While staying near the Eifel Tower seems like the "place" to be, the zone extends outside of this immeidate area, some of which some consider a bit 'out of the way'. I actually found myself in this area a lot during my trip and would be happy to stay here, but also realize that some looking to do the 'tourst thing' might not like it as much, as once you see the Eifel Tower most other things are elsewhere.

The most popular zones users seem to bid are the (Champs Elysees-Opera Quarter West) and (St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse) zones... but you should first make a list of things you would ike to see/do, locate them on a map, then determine which zones would be centrallly located. Paris is a fairly spread out city so there's not one central location, but basically you want to be lcoated near major subway hubs where you have easy access to multipe train lines which head to where you'd like to go.

Le tus know your thoughts regarding zone(s) and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your quick response. As this is going to be my first time to visit there, I would like to cover basic tourist spots. Based on your comment & some of my reserch, it is better to stay as central as possible (although I heard that Paris has such a convenient metro/bus system). Could you please give me some bidding tips? Travel Date: Sep 20-27, Zone: Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West or St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse. Budget: around $100. I don't really care about 3 or 4 stars - I assume that 3 or 4 star hotels aren't that bad..? If my budget is too low for these areaa, i will think about residential quiet area.

Thanks! :)

I don't really care about 3 or 4 stars - I assume that 3 or 4 star hotels aren't that bad..?

I think your budget may be tough for these dates, but did you want to try for a 4* first up to your limit, then if rejected lower to 3* OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for these dates?

Keep in mind that star ratings in Europe are a bit more 'generous' then here in the States, so i'd expect a half a star or so lower in actual quality than what the hotel is listed as. In light of this, do you want to try for a 4* first or do you think the 3* or better wil suit your needs? (although i doubt your budget is enough, i would at least try for a 4* first as i was not happy with the 3* hotel i had in Paris a few years ago :) ... even though i had 'chosen' it and booked direct since we neeeded triple occupancy)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your quick response (as always!)! I am going to increase the budget to $120/night and stick with 4*. I saw a posting in here that a 4* hotel in St Germain-Latin Quarter-Montparnasse was about $110/night in August. I am not sure September will be more expensive...but I'll try from $100 and increase $5 or so. I am going to use the PRICELINE link that you provided.

September usually is more expensive than August. There are lots of trade fairs, fashion weeks, etc., so it is a very busy month particularly for business-oriented hotels. August is the low season when there is little business occupancy. But it does not hurt to try for your budget range, except you should have a cancellable backup if you can't win a bid at that price.

I will bid both Champs Elysees-Opera Quarter West and St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse zone. As my max is about $120, do you have any bidding tips where to start? Do you know if Batignolles - Montmartre - Republique zone has 4 star hotels? If not, maybe I can use the zone when I increase the price as i am going to stick to 4*. I am bit nervous now as I heard that Sep is one of the busiest season :) .. Thank you!

At the 4* level in Paris there are no re-bid zones, so should only bid on zones that you are willing to accept.

To begin i would try as follows:

Select 4* Champs Elysees...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Latin Quarter...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Champs Elysees and Latin Quarter...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thank you all for the tips & information. I got Le Meridien Montparnasse for $120 (in total 916.87 for 7 nights, Sep 20-27). One mistake I made was that I tried it before I saw your bidding tip. Although I am happy with the price, I should have waited until I saw your tip.

I clicked on 'hotel deals you might like' section in Priceline that someone got a deal for 4* @Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West for $123. As my budget was <= $120, I gave it a try with $123. , Priceline then gave me a counter offer? of +$22. (Sorry, I am not familiar with it, but the offer requires to increase by $22). I did not take the offer and re-bidded by adding St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse. Because I was rejected for $100 offer with the same zones few days ago, I just decided to go with $120. (I was simply desperate..)

Again, I am happy with the price, but I will be more patient & will follow your tips next time! I used the PRICELINE link that you provided. Please let me know if I need to create a new thread to report the hotel name, date & price. :) THANK YOU!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]