Priceline Hotel: NYC Hotel for 11/6-11/7

Juanjo28
By Juanjo28,
in

Hey all,

Now that I finally did get the Hyatt Regency Jersey City (great hotel), I want to get a hotle for 11/6-11/7 for about 289 and below (i saved 100 using hotwire freeing up a little more money).... I would love to get something 4* or so in lower manhattan, or around 34th street or times square... (since I have the southgate reserved at 209 I would like to get something a little better than this for my second night) Any suggestions????

Only other thing that i would find was the Thirty Thirty hotel for $169/nite. REVIEWS are 'ok', but not nearly as good as the Southgate, so you'll have to determine which is a better value for your needs.

Up until what date can you cancel the Southgate without a penalty?

I had edited my post in your other thread thread as you were replying, so be sure to see the comment in made about the Baja Restaurant near the Hyatt.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is there any last minute bidding strategy I can use on priceline? or is it probable I will not get anything anyway (one of your sponsored company's has the ritz carlton at 349 -although it is not said that it is the carlton u can tell by the description).... Should I try bidding in lower manhattan and see if I get anything at my price? whats ur opinion.

PS: Today will be my last try at this since I start my "vacation" tom. Also where can I leave comments about the two hotels I stay in order to help future members

I actually phoned the Hyatt this morning to see if there was availability for your date, thinking maybe the hotel had a cancellation that they hadn't made available to the internet system yet... but nothing. The reservationist said that most of the rooms have a 3pm day before arrival cancellation policy, so she suggested calling back sometime before then... if i were in your shoes i would try again tonite and tomorrow morning just to see if perhaps you can snag something.

The Hyatt does still show availability direct on their website if you search for both nites together, maybe if you call the hotel direct (the actual hotel, not an 800 number for central reservations) and the receptionist states that there is no availabilty you can explain to her that you see on the website there is availability if you search for both Friday and Saturday together, and that you already have a reservation for Friday (no need to mention that it's a Hotwire reservation, she'll know by looking at it, but no need to alert him/her to that fact)... is there anything s/he can do to get you in on Saturday? (if she can, i suspect the rate will be $219/nite or close to it).

As for Priceline, i think all you can do is bid up to your maximum (if necessary, you can restate your zones and whether your upper limit is $209 or $289 i'll repost a strategy)... but it seems to me as if most hotels have gone up in price. You can also search Hotwire throughout the day to see if anything has opened up there as well.

Was the Ritz thru EASYCLICKTRAVEL and a "Off the Record" selection? If so, was it listed as "available" or "on request"... i've found that a lot of their on request selections aren't actually available for this high demand date.

Where in the city will you be coming from? The ferry is a bit more expensive than the PATH, but if the weather is nice, it's a beautiful way to travel to NJ.... commuting over the river rather than under it.

After your stay you can leave comments in our HOTEL REVIEW section (and it's appreciated if you do :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have to be in NYC on sat as my tickts for LION KING are on that day unfortunately... I will be going to the hyatt from Brooklyn...Also the Ritz (by the desrcription) was available last time i checked not on reserve (thats why i wonderd if it was possible to get it at priceline at a lowere value) Thanks ...

PS: My limit is 290 for second night

This is the approach i would take:

Select 4* Lower Manhattan...

Bid $225, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $250, if rejected add MTW and...

Bid $260, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $270, if rejected add re-bid zone #1 and...

Bid $280, if rejected add re-bid zone #2 and...

Bid $290.

I don't know how much better a 3* property would be than your current back-up, but if the above is rejected and you want to try for a 3* property, you have one re-bid zone available at the 3 star level and i would....

Select 3* Lower Manhattan and...

Bid $200, if rejected add MTW and...

Bid $225, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $240, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $260.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]