Hotwire Hotel: 3* Norfolk-Virginia Beach (Virginia Beach) Holiday Inn Executive Centr

SpykeYs
By SpykeYs,
in

Hi Guys,

I am planning a trip to Virginia Beach and was hoping to be able to stay near the ocean with a view. I went on HOTWIRE and found the following:

2-star hotel in Virginia Beach Seaside Area 115$ a night with Pools and Restaurant, anyone is able to identify ?

I also found

2.5 stars, 169$ with Beachfront, fitness centre, Pools, restaurants and leaundry, anyone is able to identify ?

This will be my first trip to Virginia Beach, what about the pembroke area, should I give it a try ?

Thanks for the help!

Hi Guys,

Yes, as I would like to stay close to the beach, I would like to give priceline a try. My dates are August 4th to August 10th. I have tried 3* for 80-85-90 (by changing my dates and * to 2.5) and got refused on all.

I would like to stay in the Virginia Beach Area.

Any would would be appreciated :)

Thanks so much,

HOTWIRE has a 2* in the Seaside area for $116 and a 2.5* for $185. Given the rates for the area on these dates - 3*'s nearly all over $200 regular rate (and some well over $200), $90 unfortunately isn't going to be realistic.

What would be your max budget per night? Keep in mind that "ocean view" is an upgrade at some of the seaside hotels, and PRICELINE or HOTWIRE reservations are not eligible for upgrades.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases.

Thanks for the reply,

Another option would be the 3* 60$ a night for an hotel located 12 miles from the beach.

On the hotwire website, it looks like a match to the Holiday Inn Executive Center..

What do you guys think ? I guess I can drive and park at the beach and save alot of money ?

Thanks so much,

Personally, given how expensive the seaside hotels often seem to be (and the fact that an ocean view is not guaranteed), I think saving a lot of money by staying a few minutes drive away from the beach sounds like a very good idea.

What are the amenities showing with the listing in question?

Thanks for using the site's HOTWIRE link.

Hello again,

As for the hotwire 3* @ 60$ a night, here are the amenities:

Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurants, Business Centre, Leaudry Facilities, High-Speed internet.

Looks like the Holiday Inn Executive Centre right ? I heard that all of their rooms just got renovated with 37'' LCD TV, etc..

Another option I have is the Day's Inn on the beach (directly from the days inn website) @ 124$ a night.

Looks like the hotel is directly on the beach, located between 11th and 12th street.

Let me know what you think =D

Thanks so much,

This 3* hotel is in the Virginia Beach zone?

If so, then yet, i agree that this is likely the Holiday In Excecutive Ceter and that would be my best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Guys,

Was hoping for better rate, + i've screwed up with priceline... However, here are my results:

Priceline: August 3rd for 1 Night - 3* Doubletree Hotel Virginia Beach, started with 90$, got refused, tried for 100$ and got it.

Hotwire: August 4th for 5 Nights - 3* Holiday Inn Virginia Beach-Exec Center, 61$ per nights. That's actually a very good rate I think.

Priceline August 9th for 1 Night - 2* 19 Atlantic Hotel, tried 80$ and got it on first attempt.

I was hoping to stay at the same place for all the 7 nights, but I was playing with priceline a bit too much and got screwed with single night reservation.. (I was booking 1 night to see what hotel I was going to get, then when tried to book the rest of the nights, they were not accepting the same bid anymore :))

I've learned from my mistakes, however, I am still hoping to have fun at VB next week!

Thanks so much and yes i've used the betterbidding link to access both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE :)

Thanks!

Congratualtions on your success!

Sorry to hear you didn't receive the same hotel on all of your purchases, but as i think you now know, that probably wasn't a realistic expecation when you split your bids. However, sounds like you can make the different properties work for your needs.

Please stick with the board format of only one win per thread, as that enables others to see the pertinent info when scanning the topic title and also enables us to have each win appear as a link in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

We've used one of your previous posts to reflect your PRICELINE win of the Virginia Beach Dobletree, we'll use this thread to reflect your HOTWIRE purchase... please start a NEW TOPIC to relect your purchase of 19 Atlantic Hotel.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]