Priceline Hotel: NYC NOV.12-15 (3 nights)

Maverick
By Maverick,
in

I booked a cancel-ready backup room at the Best Western City View Inn for $139.00 a night with 2 double beds & free breakfast.

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/pr...pertyCode=33069

I am really looking to stay in the city though. There is myself, my wife and our two sons (ages 19 and 20). I think using Priceline I would have to book 2 rooms which would push the cost up substantially. Does anyone have strategic advice? What prices would I be looking at to win a room or two on Priceline for those dates? I am not looking for anything fancy.

...Maverick

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is a very expensive weekend in NYC... demand is tight and rates are thru the roof!

I'm doubtful you could get anywhere near your rate unless you are willing to go down in quality.

The Carter Hotel can be had for $89/nite but the REVIEWS are pretty bad... atlhough somewhat humorous to read :)

And then there is the New York Inn ($99/nite) which wins the award for the first time i have ever seen a page of REVIEWS that all give the property the lowest ranking possible!

Here are some REVIEWS of the Best Western.

A few things to consider... how are you coming here? (car, train, plane... if by plane, which airport?) How late do you plan on staying out at nite?

While i'm doubtful you will find a hotel close to your currnt $140 rate in NYC, i do think you can be successful for the Sunday nite of your stay, but i don't know if you're willing to split your purchase like that (and have to change hotels the last nite).

Let us know your thoughts about splitting your stay and/or the other questions above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just out of interest why is this weekend so expensive? I just picked this one to go to new york because it fit our schedule. I was thinking this might even be off-season.

I can pay up to $240.00 a night, but if this is top dollar week will that even get me a room? The Best Western in Long Island I am currently booked at says they have a courtesy shuttle to the subway. How safe is the subway? We are flying into La Guardia.

I appreciate your help.

...Maverick

This is actually peak season for NYC as travelers from all over the world start to come in to shop for the holiday season.

I have two suggestions:

1) I've been experimenting a lot with EasyClickTravel and they have some hotels within your price range but their true availability is unknown (they're listed as "on request" rather than "available")

2) If you are willing to split your stay between two different hotels i'm fairly certain that we can put something together within your price range. If you'd consider this let us know and i'll proceed with the details.

In my opinion the subways are relatively safe around the midtown area; i usually tell visitors to go with their own comfort level and that it is generally ok to ride the subway up until 11pm. If you read the comments above for the Best Western the last review makes some comments about the subway/hotel and that the area surrounding it is fairly desolate and that is where i would think a bigger concern would be.(but this may be a moot point anyway since i think you can stay in Manhattan if you are willing to split the stay)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

We ended up staying at the City View Inn. The shuttle service was decent and the price was right. I'd recommend this place to anyone on a budget. From hotel door to Grand Central Station was about a 20minute trip. The hotel was decent, plain rooms, the breakfast however was quite good compared to some continental breakfasts I've had a comparable class hotels.

So if you need a cancellable backup and you want to play the priceline game, I recommend this hotel.

...Maverick

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]