Priceline Hotel: NYC 11/12-14

FLgal
By FLgal,
in

Hello! I'm a first time poster and so glad I came across this board. I need to book a NYC hotel room for Friday and Saturday nights, Nov. 12-14. My question is whether or not to wait till the last minute for Priceline or Hotwire... do rates go lower, or do you suggest trying now? I've tried to book 3-5 stars for $200 but nothing has been accepted. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would be trying now as this is an expensive weekend in NYC and inventory is very tight.

Do you have a cancellable back-up reservation (if so, where and how much?). What is the maximum you are willing to bid? What zones did you bid previously for which you were rejected?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm assuming you know about re-bidding, but if not, please read PRICELINE REBIDDING and ask any questions that you may have (or just confirm your re-bid zones if you're unsure).

You have two re-bid zones when bidding 4* and only one when bidding 3*.

If Priceline doesn't work then the best alternative that i can find is the Crowne Plaza on QUIKBOOK which averages to $269/nite (there are some other hotels there a tad cheaper but i either don't recognize them or aren't in an area you want, but you can check there to see if any of the lower priced hotels interest you)

This is what i would do, based upon your already failed bids for 3* or higher up to $225:

Select 4* MTE and...

Bid $225, if rejected add MTW and...

Bid $235, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $240, if rejected add MTS and...

Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and....

Bid $260, if rejected add re-bid zone2 and...

Bid $265

If the above is rejected close that browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTW and...

Bid $225, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $235, if rejected add MTS and...

Bid $245, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone1 and....

Bid $265

You can adjust the numbers downward slightly if you'd like, but i based this on the 'next best alternative' that i could find (which as i mentioned above, i believe is the Crowne Plaza thru QUIKBOOK)

If you can find a more acceptable back-up let us know and i'll readjust the pricing on the above suggested bids.

Good Luck, and feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]