Hotwire Hotel: 3* Minneapolis (University) Ramada Plaza

kikis
By kikis,
in

fitness center, restaurant, business center, hi speed internet, golf course

I searched using an address (416 Cedar Ave S.) this hotel came up as being .2-2.7 miles from my location. When I got the hotel name it turned out to be 3.8 miles, which is a big difference.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the results. You can give HOTWIRE a call and explain your situation, and disappointment, and see if they will work with your on it. Do keep in mind that the 3.8 miles is via driving, and HOTWIRE's distance is "as the crow flies", but it looks close as to whether it's within 2.7 miles or not even when using that metric as a measurement.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the price paid (per nite before fees and taxes) and the dates of your stay... we'll add each to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List

If you do pursue this with HOTWIRE please let us know the outcome.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

oops sorry, first time posting.

The date is Aug 23-24 $68.30.

I did send an e-mail to customer service yesterday, today I got this response.

"I understand you feel the mileage from the location you entered to the Ramada Plaza in Minneapolis is inaccurate. I regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Our mileage differences are represented as the direct mileage from Point A to Point B, not necessarily by driving distance. Upon reviewing your reservation, I confirmed that the hotel is in the mapped area provided to you before completing the booking."

I have booked many hotels using the search by address feature and never once had a driving distance fall outside the listed mileage from location, so I was pretty surprised when it was so much further. I admit it never occurred to me to consider the distance to be point A to B and not driving distance, because how are you supposed to travel that way? I will be more careful the next time distance matters or not use Hotwire.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]