Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Hampton Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina

Autumn96
By Autumn96,
in

This property has not yet been identified, my first guess as the Four Points our the Holiday Inn Downtown/Busch Gardens with a new "hi-speed internet" icon. (neither of which gets great reviews)

However, changing the search to 2adults/2children a 'new' hotel appears with the same amenities as above, but after clicking the CONTINUE button and looking to the right of the map, this property also shows a Tripadvisor rating of 4.5/5.0 with 120+ reviews. While this property has not yet been reported to the board, the Holiday Inn Williamsburg-Historic Gateway looks to be a very good fit and that would be our best guess. (even if we're wrong you get a very highly rated user reviewed property)

This 2adult/2children property could be the same one that is appearing for only 2adults, but i'm really not certain. Given the alternate properties which are not as well reviewed, i'd sooner pay the few dollars extra for the 2a/2c property to be assured of the well reviewed property based upon the Tripadvisor info.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Maybe I was too late.. I can't find another hotel with the same amenities by changing occupancy .. I did find what i think is the same one, without the highspeed internet icon, for $59 when I put in 2a 2c.. but no tripadvisor review.

I've changed to 1a/2c, 2a/1c.. whatever combos i can think of:) I would rather know the property was well reviewed.

BTW, I should have mentioned my search is for 1A 1C.. myself and my daughter, but of course any variation that gives the best property at the best price is exactly what my reservation is for...

I still have time so I'll keep checking. Looking for a property at least 3* hopefully below $70 per night... in that area. Doesn't have to be right in Busch Gardens, though that is where we are going. I will have a car, I can travel a little for the right price.

TIA

We are going to Busch Gardens, pretty flexible with dates, and the exact place we stay since we will have a car.. and will be going to the beach anyway.

We are going to DC on the way back to PA.. but if we need to we can always go to DC first. Idealy, leaving the 19th would be best. I could leave as early as 16th, or as late as the 23rd.

I've been switching dates for a while now.. I have not been impressed with any of the 3* hotels in the hotel list.. as a matter of fact, a couple of them scare me! CLEAN and SAFE are most important, I travel with my pre-teen daughter.

I found this *3.5, but can't even give a good guess as to which property it is.. any help would be greatly appreciated!

1A/1C Shows *3.5 at $70 if you add 2C it goes to $74... but no TA rating:(

3.5-star hotel in Hampton 7/22-7/25

amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

This hotel has not yet been reported to the board/ID'd, and without anything on the vacation package side of the service or any TA rating, I'm not sure which hotel this is, but my *guess* would be the Crowne Plaza.

I'm seeing this for $104 when I search. The 3.5* Omni in Newport News is $99 on Expedia for these dates, and the 10JUL coupon code takes an extra $10 off.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, Expedia.com or PRICELINE links.

Thank you AAron. The Crowne Plaza would be good.. but I understand the guessing there. I don't think I'll get a better deal for a *3.5, and $70 is really the top of my limit. If it's still there, I'll probably take it by morning.. and I'll let you know what it was.

• 2 weeks later...

Went back and forth on the dates originally. A family emergency delayed the trip by a week.

*3.5 Hampton, VA Crown Plaza Hampton Marina 7/27 - 7/31 (so glad I added a day!)

4 nights

No trip advisor ratings shown. When I searched it, it has 4 out of 5, 17 reviews.

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Thereuare correctly guessed this hotel about a week ago. It's not yet listed in the hotel list for Hampton. I am VERY happy with the purchase! An awesome price for a hotel that sounds great!

Congratulations on your success!

Hope your family emergecy turned out ok and nice to see you are still able to make this trip, only delaying and not needing to cancel.

Glad to hear you received the hotel you were hoping for and that the board was helpful with your purchase.

Thank you for sharing your results wit the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]