Germany Hamburg Renaissance Hotel

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

Stayed here for one night and found it an excellent hotel with one of the best and friendliest hotel personnel I've experienced in Germany up to now. Check-in was extremely friendly, everything was prepared already, I was offered help with my little trolley (what I denied of course ;-) ), apples and "Gummibaerchen" (Haribo sweets) offered for free at the reception, after 2 minutes I got my room key and a little shopping map of Hamburg. The room was in 1st floor, red floor, wooden furniture, usual room amenities (TV, Pay-TV, Minibar, Desk with internet access etc.). However no steam iron, no bath robes and no fruits for welcome or anything else. Bathroom was very clean and relatively modern - though not really of "high design". Comfortable king-size bed with nice matress; the room was sort of over-heated when I entered, so I activated the air-condition which started working quite noisy - but later became more quiet. Windows could be opened, but a bit noisy from outside (shopping area); no noise when closed (soundproof). Fast room-service, room-service prices not too high, IMHO (Renaissance Burger - very big and tasty - 9,70 EUR incl. tax and service charges); very nice service in the hotel bar as well (drinks at reasonable prices - for hotel level -, cocktails from around 7 EUR), excellent staff allover the hotel.

The location is really fine, in the city centre of Hamburg, 5 minutes walk to the "Binnenalster" and same to the city hall. Several parking houses next to the hotel (around 13 euro/24 hrs of parking).

Really a great deal for Hamburg for 4-star Priceline.... in Hamburg hotel lists, the Renaissance appears as a 5-star-hotel.

Bathroom1

Bathroom2

Floor map

Deluxe Room

Deluxe Room2

Deluxe Room3

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]