Priceline Hotel: Help with bidding Logan Airport

hikimmo
By hikimmo,
in

I am bidding for Sat. April 30, 2005.

I tried Revere-Logan, going for a 4*. I decided to start the bid at $47 since I did not get that red message warning me of an overly-low bid.

Revere-Logan $47

added S. Boston $50

added Chestnut Hill $53

added Medford $57

No luck.

Then I thought I might try a 3*. I started at $50 and got the red warning message. Why would a 4* take a $50 bid but a 3* tell me it's too low?

Anyway, I didn't proceed yet with the 3*. I have 6 months before my trip. Should I wait a bit longer? I need some help with strategy!

Kim

Always ignore those low bid warning messages from Priceline.

As nobody has yet reported winning that 3* hotel with no amenities we have no idea or clues to go on as to try to figure it out.

I think that you're simply bidding this too early and inventory has not yet been released... unless there are some local college graduations taking place in the area on this date. Not having been in college for some time, i forget exactly when graduation time is, but i suspect that this date is a bit earlier than graduation time.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciate the encouragement. I'll try again in January, perhaps, to see how my luck runs. At least I'm not in a time crunch.

I have to tell you how much I have appreciated this board. Your helpful advice has already saved me hundreds of dollars in hotel bills. My industry has an association that I could join for $250+/year. One of the perks is tips on bidding Priceline for convention hotels. I have opted out because I found BB! Thanks!

Kim

• 3 months later...

I bid for a 4* hotel at Logan Airport for 4/30/05.

1st bid = $47

2nd bid = $51 added S. Boston

3rd bid = $54 added Chestnut Hill

4th bid = $57 added Medford

Yet I notice that others are getting this hotel for these prices. Am I bidding too soon? Should I wait until March to place my bid?

TIA for the advice.

Kim

The low acceptor in this area, the Hyatt Harborside, has rates much higher than usual for these dates. You can choose to wait and see if rates go down, but if it's within your budget i'd consider raising your bid to $65 to see if the Hilton will bite.

With your three re-bids, i would bid as follows:

4* Boston Airport

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65

Let us know if you decide to try the above and if so, how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]