Priceline Hotel: 3* Asheville (Downtown-Biltmore Estate) Crowne Plaza Resort

XT600
By XT600,
in

started with $45 in downtown, added Airport for $50 and West for $55. $60 with last free rebidding zone got the Crowne Plaza Resort (total $74,42)

Even I wonder if this area is really downtown Asheville it looks quite nice Hotel (though ex-Holiday Inn) but reviews are mixed from 10 to 3 at priceline reviews and TA

Price at ichtotelsgroup.com $123

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

I'm not too familiar with this area, but this property is in the northwest corner of the zone, and anytime you get near the outer zone boundaries you run the risk of the property not resembling the name of the zone.

Hope this works well enough for your plans, and at half price, you're happy with the outcome.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've stayed at this property. It is definitely NOT a resort. For the price you paid, I'd say it's just fine but it's nowhere near the rating of other Crowne Plaza hotels. It's on this weird access road. It's close to downtown via car but not really walkable because there's a highway between downtown and the hotel. I'd stay here again but only if I scored a good win via Priceline. It is very clean and it was quiet when I was there.

I've also stayed at this property. It is considered a "resort", I believe, because it is located on a golf course which I've never played, but was not overly impressed with when I walked it. The rooms I've stayed in had been recently renovated and were extremely nice. Though I much prefer the Renaissance as a 3 Star win, I'd never thumb my nose at this property. Its tough to find a good priced hotel in Asheville at times, especially if you'd like to be close to the beautiful downtown area!

• 2 months later...

Regards from the Crowne Plaza Asheville Hotel.

True I also can't find any reson for "resort": the heated outside pool was dirty (many many leaves maybe just fell down today however nobody feels responsible to clean the pool on such windy days??)

Good things are: free parking, free Wifi and reasonable breakfast buffet (10,95+tax+gratuity) BUT you definetly need a car to go downtown (we just came back) which takes some "weird" curves and exits on the highway....

I can't see what was recently renovated in our room 495. Mould smell after the parfum the rooms service has used had gone. old AC under the window, old fridge, old doors, old carpet - vending machines not working, very very old noisy elevator. :)

The lobby might be 3* (restaurant with an open fire place) but the rooms and the rest is 2* nothing else! If you remember that "Crowne Plaza" Brand is one level below the "Intercontinental" at ICHotels this is a very very bad example :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]